Blizzard please improve Wizard's mobility

This is just not true. Shoulders with AW’s legendary property would be far, far superior.

1 Like

Is it, really? You’d force the 6 piece set users into using RoRG, then. Now then, what would happen to DMO, VYR or TV in that case? Tal Rasha or LoN/LoD players would smile from ear to ear, though…

1 Like

Yes, really. There’s a ton of daylight between losing 500% damage multiplier on a weapon slot and a non-DPS boosting affix on an armor slot. Like…ridiculous. I’m even a little shocked you don’t know this.

1 Like

It’s better than a weapon, yes. I know that. It’s still enforcing RoRG to all sets except Tal Rasha if you want mobility. I wouldn’t want that, its a lousy change in my eyes. If they ever touch AW, they have to do it right. Not a half-baked band-aid.

We get what we get. TR, if there was such a thing anymore, would appreciate it. LoN is the big factor, though. But even a six piece set might be willing to drop an armor cube slot for the convenience of AW during bounties. It’s not even close.

Lexa, I like your ideas regarding Teleport from this post very much: 2.7.0 __S-22 Wizard Update/Balance Mega thread - #12 by Lexa-2365

But knowing Blizzard, it would be too much work for them for one patch.
So I would settle for simplest and fastest solution: lower Teleport cooldown from 11 to 3-4 seconds or make that Aether Walker would also increase Wizard’s damage by 300% (150% is indeed too low). Yes, it would be mandatory then, as is almost every newly buffed item.

Additionally Illusionist passive’s movement speed increase should be increased to 60% and duration to 6 seconds.

1 Like

The problem isn’t Teleport the problem is most wizard builds, except Vyr’s, require you to stop, stand around casting spells for several seconds, then move and repeat. Even Vyr’s requires you to stop every 20s or so to rebuild your Chando’s stacks for the next casting of Archon. Additionally we’re one of the fragile classes so unlike Barbs and Monks that can run past trash mobs without fear of getting killed we have clean up most of what’s on screen or it can kill us while we’re trying to move. What wizards really need is the ability to channel while moving like Barbs, Monks, and Demon Hunters can all do. Hell, even Witch Doctors have multiple “Moving while killing” builds with Mundungu’s and Angry Chicken.

1 Like

Imo, we don’t need to copy other classes on that aspect.

Just improve teleport and have an item (preferably deathwish) that has the channeling skills deal their full ramped damage instantly. Improving Teleport will have a better effect on our mobility on a wider scale than giving us the ability to move while using our channeling skills.

As wudijo said “I’m tired of playing wizard with no teleport” Personally, I always try to work TP into my wiz builds but a mobility skill on 10-sec cooldown is not fun. Even with Aether Walker, which being a weapon means giving up a whole lot of damage, it’s still clunky and a far cry from Dashing Strike or D2 teleport.

EDIT: Simplest short-term solution would probably be brining AE in line with Norvald’s/Manajuma: ‘Gain XXX% increased damage for 5s after using TP’. Long-term, something should be done about the TP’s animation that makes me feel like it has a 2-sec ICD.

1 Like

suggestion to firebird

4 pieces - 10000% per fire stack

6 pieces - 1000% dmg incresead and 5% mov speed per stack up to 20 times and you periodically casts armagedon for free

• give Teleport 2 Charges on the Base Skill.
  • redesign the Wormhole Rune to give a 3rd Charge.
  • reduce the Cooldown / Recharge Time from 11 seconds to 8 Seconds.
  • let Teleport scale with Attack Speed
  • Aether Walker now maybe can add +1 additional Charge and/or increase your damage by xxx% for x seconds after you Teleported.
  • The Occulus now can also add +1 charge to Teleport and give you the Save Passage Rune.
2 Likes

In order to have some mobility we either give away a passive (illusionist) and let mobs hit us (great design for such a squishy class) or an item in the highly competitive weapon slot. Appalling. Wizard is so bad that

1. When I was playing channel meteor I deliberately avoided shield pylon (illusionist doesn’t work and I became atrociously slow)
  2. Vyr is well-liked because it’s our only mobile build
1 Like

you realize in a week when they add another cube slot, that is where you can improve alot of things your asking for?

The problem is other classes don’t need that 4th cube slot to improve their mobility just Wizards.

2 Likes

As far as I’m aware, there’s no word that the 4th cube slot will be permanent. So assuming that it’s a seasonal only feature, that’s not much of an improvement.

And even on the off-chance that it is permanent, that’s still a slot we have to sacrifice damage in order to gain mobility; it’d be one thing if Aether Walker at least gave a generous damage boost after teleporting. But alas, that’s not the case.

5 Likes

I was so looking forward to Teleport when D3 came out that I completely abandoned the class after realizing how bad it was. I’ve Fiddled with Wizard but I’ve never had the love for what should be my favorite class mostly because Teleport is so pathetically terrible. The other reason is that the sets are all horribly stupid, I hate excessive stacking and turrets, so the only set I’ve really liked playing was Tal Rasha’s.

My solutions would be as follows : 

Reduce the cooldown to 8 seconds, maximum probably lower.

Option 1) Illusionist - When you use Mirror Image, Slow Time, or Teleport, Your movement speed is increased by 30% for 3 seconds. For every 10 yards you travel during the Illusionist buff, reduce the cooldown of Mirror Image, Slow Time and Teleport by 1 second.

Option 2) Illusionist - When you use Mirror Image, Slow Time, or Teleport, Your movement speed is increased by 30% for 3 seconds. You may cast Teleport while it’s on cooldown but it consumes 25 Arcane power instead.

Option 3) Aether Walker - Teleport no longer has a cooldown but costs 25 Arcane Power and all your damage is increased by 55-65% for every 10 yards you are from the target up to a maximum of 40 yards.

Option 4)

• Remove Reversal Rune; The replacement Rune for Reversal can be : Arcane Fusion - Teleport increases the damage of your next attack by 100%.
  • Have Wormhole remove the Cooldown entirely (at the cost of 25 Arcane Power)
  • Make Aether Walker give all Teleport Runes.
1 Like

Wizard speed problem was the 1st topic in this PTR, created by me.

There I suggested several ways of increasing speed: stuff and passive for faster run, attack on the move option, removing blink cooldown.

Wizard is a dead class, play GOD DH and be happy! :slight_smile:

Previous winter DH was spoken of as a dead class.

A simple suggestion for mobility; wizard now can use " STEUART’S GREAVES" from the necro, so after a teleport, bam ! quick moving like the necromancer.
And Aether Walker will be great to gains the Calamity effect and increased of 500~750% but it’s not the topic :slight_smile: