Blizzard patched early

You know how this “community” can be.

How is the patch early? It was expected to be released today, a Tuesday, like normal. It was released today like they said.

Did I miss something?

7 Likes

I think with the notification of maintenance downtime scheduled for Wednesday, a lot of people assumed that was the patch.

2 Likes

Which would be silly. Patches have not needed down time for many many years. We patch on Tuesdays. The last time we had down time for a patch … I can’t even remember.

Patch was announced and expected to be released on Tuesday, today, its on time, how is this early lol? Maybe there’s some confusion here?

I’m not complaining just clarifying some things.
It was announced that there would be maintenance from 20 to 22 cest and that the game would be unavailable in that time. The game was not unavailable in that time.
It wasn’t announced whether the game would be patched in that period or not. The patch was applied shortly after 22:18.

It historically releases later in the day pacific time, sometimes much later.

I guess not everyone is as familiar with the inner workings of Blizzard’s development/maintenance methods.

I only remember a couple of times when a Patch was deployed around noontime my time (eastern time). There have been a few times the Patch went Live around 2 PM (my time). Most of the time the Patch goes Live between 4 PM and 8 PM EST/EDT.

Today, I had the Launcher running when the toast window popped up saying that D3 was updating. This was at 4:30 PM EDT, about two hours after PezRadar posted this:

I don’t call that “early”.

Still, I’m grateful that Patch 2.7.0 went Live as scheduled.  

As my siblings and I used to say, much to our mother’s chagrin…

2 hours behind schedule, right on time

(usually the amount of time before we actually got on the road for the yearly trip to the farm for the summer)

So… maybe they’re being cheeky by saying since it’s on time, it’s actually early? :smiley:

Or it could just be confusion

Jealousy will lead you nowhere.

Sadly people only express themselves when they’re unhappy.

The all time facepalm patching is PoE 38-46 GB. Every time. Now that is a lol.

I could whine about Conan Exiles (they just fixed it but until like 2 months ago this was true)

Need to do a 3mb change in a patch? 70gb update

you read that right. any and all updates involved unpacking 70gb cab, edit, repack, repeat (for every, single, edit)

Take a day to patch that game, on a 1Gb connection and an m2 SSD so frustratingly annoying

How is it early?

" Legendary item changes coming in Patch 2.7.0. We are expecting this update to be released on March 30."

In my opinion, they are late like always since I waited until midnight and there was no patch. :smiley:

I don’t agree. Releasing a patch early can be just as bad as releasing it late. Especially if people are pushing to get leaderboard spots before they are reset. In any case, as many people have said, the patch was not early but delivered right on schedule, which is commendable.

Is it supposed to be a good thing or bad thing?

I would say it’s good… I only have a metered mobile connection (living in the sticks sucks) and regular 10+ GB update patches would seriously piss me off - would certainly lead to me uninstalling the game.

You know he’s trying to spin it as a bad thing.

Yup. It’s a 10-1 vocal representation. That doesn’t mean that there are 10x as many people upset. Just that they make the most noise.

1 Like