Blizz logic on primals and bots

Blizz: Scraps original idea on primals due to potential imbalance

Also Blizz: Takes no action on bots despite absolute imbalance

…and your point is?

if you can’t figure that out…

1. The original concept of primals was hideously bad and was therefore changed. The actual problem regarding primals however is that they exist at all. They should have never been implemented.
  2. There were recent banwaves against botters. It is important to understand that the fight against bots is a bit of a balancing act, every time banhammer hits the bot devs get more information of how to make their bots harder to detect. So that’s why the banhammer hits hard but rarely.
2 Likes

June 19th, 2020

June 26th, 2020

Threads work better when you use facts. :woman_shrugging:

Here’s a fact, someone on my friends list has botted his way through the last 6 seasons and never seen a ban. Maybe the ban a few, but not the majority. The leaderboard is filled with botters. (or they magically don’t need sleep) given the 24 hours a day playtime. Anyone who thinks botters aren’t a problem is blind.

1 Like

Everyone knows they are a problem. Everyone. Everyone also wishes they banned more often.

What I was taking issue with is the statement that they don’t ban at all. They do, and just did two large ban waves of both Season and Non Season in June.

No, I can’t. Blizzard’s inaction against botters is not due to concerns about imbalance and it was never suggested to be.

You’re comparing apples with oranges, and that’s leaving aside the fact that, if primals were better than a perfectly rolled ancient, botters who have 10 or so primals by the end of the season would have even more of an advantage than they already do.

I just ignore the fact that there will always be “cheating” going on. There’s a reason why a good antivirus is always updating to combat the ever changing viruses…also why the best ones cost a decent amount of money so they can dispatch more funds into it.
Diablo is also a free to play game.