Blessed Hammer GR - need help

Hey guys,

I recently returned to the game after a, i dont know, 4-5 year break.

I got back onto my Hammerdin and quickly found some really nice upgrades for the build.

My BH hits for about 800B-1200B (FS buff) as a baseline and when on CoE i have hammers hit as high as 15-20T.

For group GR’s, i can contribute well up to about 115. At 120 it gets a little sketchy because i start to get squishy.

For my solo progression, im right around 110. I just cant seem to be able to kill fast enough. I dont know if this is because im doing something wrong (not hunting for pylons, not looking for the right mobs etc. I just sort of kill whats in front of me).

Can anyone share with me how one should try to push higher solo GR’s? Am i at my max and im limited by my gear and paragon?

EDIT:
profile - https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/k0nawo1v-1199/hero/124782932

First of all, GR 120 at your paragon is quite nice.

As for improving your survivability and damage

1. Replace Steed Charge with Laws of Valor w/Unstoppable Force Rune. This simple change will massively improve your damage absorption and give you a delicious 15% bonus to your attack speed.
  2. Either get The Flavor of Time Amulet and drop either Indestructible Passive or Blunt (depending on your comfort zone)
    …or
    Drop Convention of Elements Ring (and the Hellfire Amulet) and equip the Endless Walk set. The Endless Walk set doubles your damage when standing but doubles your damage resistance when moving, which is a great way to avoid getting pulverized.

Quick note re dropping the Steed Charge skill: when playing the Hammerdin build, you should basically move by leaping rather than running (as much as possible). Constantly attack, even in motion (as long as there is anything hostile around you to hit), let the Zodiac ring do its job, then leap onward as soon as Falling Sword refreshes, until you find the right density.

Thank you for the reply!

GR 120 was only a group clear. I certainly cant do that solo.

Im trying to clear 110 solo right now, but find it difficult. I think your flavor of time recommendation is a good one. I have a decent one equipped on my barb right now that i could hand over.

I tried the Endless Walk set, but i didnt think it helped my DPS at all as i tend to always be in motion (i have BH on right click, and have move mapped to the scroll wheel, so i hold down right click and scroll on my mouse to move around. This is muscle memory now, so i never stand still). This may not be bad thing though, as i would be less squishy. However, i feel like i would just drop COE and use unity.

So far, i enjoy using the Captain’s set and it helps me keep 100% uptime on all my cool downs. I can basically just mindlessly spam the buttons to keep everythingn up. Does anyone know if this is objectively worse than non captains? Granted, i never see it mentioned in any build guides, but i would imagine its because no one really uses the BH crusader.

Stick with Capt. Crimson set. It’s a serious improvement over not having it. The damage increase is great and the damage reduction stacks with Laws of Valor/Unstoppable Force.

1 Like

Oh wow, i didnt know it stacked with LoV. Thank you for that tip!

1 Like