Blade of the Tribes

The weapon is messed up. %EQ damage is still in blue text and has been updated or there was no retro-active update to existing weapons in inventory or equipped, stash weapons got the new legendary % bonus and retained the blue text% damage.

ok, in the ptr seasons, old versions have been retroed. Non season ptr, no retro to old weapons same as they were. Makes an issue right there for sure.
More issues. Weapons in stash still have the % eq damage, blue text, and the new leg power, . Old weapons equipped or in inventory got no changes at all.
My primal tribes equipped got no changes, but ancient weapons in stash did.
borked
New dropped items are correct but that still leaves the legacy items, so.

1 Like

I think this is a drop id issue. They made a new id for each tribe iteration. change the legacy drop rate to 0.

However, they forget to modify legacy tribe. But, anyway, EQ should be further buffed.

Man, quite a mess.

When this eventually goes live, I can only hope they do the right thing… which is 800% multiplier, and all of the old dibs bonuses removed, from new Tribes and old Tribes alike.

I think 800% is the right amount. Then, if they just jack up MOTE6, maybe in the next patch, Leapquake and Pro-Slam can both become pretty viable, without one of them having to be left behind.

I agree with ur point. I think *9 is enough on a single weapon.
They just need to *2 on EQ set 6 piece bonus. Anyway, a beautiful dream…

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve been pushing for 50k% for MOTE6… that, combined with 9x on Tribes, would make both Leap and Slam competitive with Rend.

1 Like

Bumping this up and adding some context for Blizz…

Dear Blizz!

Most of us are under the impression that the current situation with Blade of The Tribes is perhaps not quite what you intended it to be. Based on the updated PTR notes, it looks like you meant to give new copies of the weapon a +800% multiplier, while removing the +200% additive bonus on old copies. This is obviously not what actually happened.

When the patch goes live, there are really only two good outcomes.

#1: The additive bonus is removed from all copies of Tribes, and a multiplier of 800% is applied to all existing copies of the weapon, with new copies rolling between 600 and 800%.

#2: The additive bonus is removed from all copies of Tribes, and a multiplier equal to each existing weapon’s current additive bonus is applied. So, a Tribes with an additive bonus of 167% would now have a 167% multiplier. New copies of Tribes would roll between 600 and 800%.

I think most people would prefer #1, so they don’t lose that primal Tribes they spent 1000 bounty mats on, but #2 is not horrible.

Then there is one bad outcome, and one REALLY BAD outcome.

The Bad: Tribes goes live with both 200% additive and an 800% multiplier. This is only bad because it deprives players of choice, right when we’re on the verge of having several different options for the carried weapon.

The damage is not actually excessive: only about +14 GRs, which still leaves Leapquake slightly weaker than Zodiac Rend. But, it would be better to just increase MOTE6- this will improve both Leap and Slam with a single change.

The REALLY BAD: anything that involves carrying an old Tribes with 200% additive, while putting a new Tribes in the cube. This prevents any new player, or anyone new to Barb, from even having access to the optimal version of the build, since additive Tribes would no longer drop.

BAD, BAD, BAD!

2 Likes

My take.
Blizz intends that legacy and new versions will not be able to stack when equipping legacy and cubing the new version. I think they feel they have addressed this already.
The equipping of legacy items and cubing new versions, only affects non-season play. Never has been an issue in the past, they’ve done it for years, they don’t care about non-season .
Your points are valid. I hope they retro the changes to tribes with no carryover of the dibs bonus.
We’ll see I guess…

Yes, but it didn’t work on the PTR. After the patch was applied to the PTR some Blades stayed unaffected, some had the new affix and the old one and some had just the new affix.