Blade of the Tribes Underwhelming

The damage buff is nice but lacks a lot. There is still a blue affix that rolls up to 200% damage not sure if this stacks or not. If it does than it should stay.
Even if that 200% stacks the orange affix of 200% is still not enough.
I think adding 50% more damage to guardians and elites would help a lot or buffing the orange one to 400. This isn’t even close to WW or Savages.

Might Of the Earth set also needs some more defense buff. I have fully augmented can’t do 120 while savages i finish every time no matter the rift.

1 Like

It’s unlikely that both the dibs and the revised multiplier will stay on Tribes. Either way, the multiplier by itself is worth less than 3 GRs. EQ builds (for which Tribes is the primary weapon) were 15+ GRs behind Rend, and this tiny buff isn’t a drop in the bucket. The same goes for adding elite bonuses and such.

We discuss it at length in this thread.

The MOTE set’s damage needs to be jacked up big time, and so does the multiplier on Tribes. But I respectfully disagree that the set needs more defense; the MOTE 4 set bonus is one of the strongest defense bonuses in the entire game, and all it requires is some careful play to stay alive.

Rune, just to clarify, most folks can’t do 120 with EQ–that’s how weak it is at the moment–so your experience isn’t abnormal. It’s indicative of how badly Barb builds aside from Rend need buffs.

6 Likes

Buffing Dread Iron (2000%+) would be an easy fix for the moment & Ground Stomp would also cause an EQ.

1 Like

A good start, yes, but even then it wouldn’t be the buff that EQ builds need. In the Fire or Phys EQ build, there’s no room to slot Avalanche without giving up something that’s about as good or better. And outside of S22, you couldn’t afford to give up Girdle, because that multiplier is huge for EQs. Even with a buffed Dread Iron, Avalanche is never going to be useful in a pure EQ build.

On the flip side, if DI got an AV multiplier and significant CDR for the skill, then you might steer the build toward AV as the main damage deal for Physical or Cold builds, and it might be very competitive with the base Fire EQ. That would be super cool, and potentially super fun, but it’s definitely not a priority in terms of buffs.

1 Like

Agreed.

The buff would be such a simple change, requiring no effort at all.

If the Dev would allow Dread Iron to all cause an EQ, that would be icyng.

1 Like

Not exactly. Remember, tweaking an existing multiplier is an extensive process on the development side. Adding a new one is likely even more work. As much as I’d love to see an AV-centric build that was viable, it’s a pipe dream.

1 Like

I love the MotE playstyle for push builds, but it’s so awful for speeds. I really wish there was an easy way to buff up MotE’s T16, bounty, and GR speed capability.

Either let MotE work with Charge as well, or somehow add an item or buff to Leap which makes the build much quicker between packs.

That’s news to me. I thought it was as easy as increasing the existing number value. :laughing:

On that note:

It makes the change they made to BoT even more perplexing. Why make an extensive change that amounts to nothing? Sigh

Actually, if you put In-geom in the Cube, you can run some amazing Fire or Cold speed-farm setups with MOTE. They are not as fast or as powerful as Rend, but they are not that far behind, especially if you are playing solo.

I’ve tried it, it feels much too slow to me, especially in caves maps where Leap is always getting stuck on walls (at least for me).

I agree. Perhaps a 600% buff or more could help this build a lot! 200% is basically nothing considering it already had a 200% and if those two don’t stack this really isn’t any kind of a buff.

This needs to get at least 600-1000% or some variant with 50% damage to elites and rift guardians.

Rift guardians are so slow to kill with this it’s just plain boring.

1 Like

The two 200%’s do stack.

1 Like

Either way, Seismic Slam is still the biggest damage dealer with a MotE build. Even with the current 200% and 200% Blade of the Tribes weapon and 250% from Girdle of the Giants belt. This update to Blade of the Tribes seems rather pointless.

2 Likes

Well, the added 3x multiplier- on top of the existing dibs bonus- adds +7 GRs, which brings fire leap up to about the same level as Slam. Give or take 1 GR or so.

If the dibs+multiplier makes it to live, Leapquake should be pretty competitive with Frenzy and Slam. Still a long way behind Rend, though.

1 Like

What 3x multiplier? Can you explain a bit more?
The way it is right now it’s not even close to Slam or Frenzy. I can do Frenzy 120 no matter what kind of GR. I can’t even finish 110 with leapquake. Both builds full augments and pretty good gear.

At this moment the ptr leg power is a completely new, separate x3 multiplier which equals to +7 gr levels. The dibs affix remains in place as was before and is counted towards the dibs multiplier. For the time being, not sure if intended since it is unprecedented. For example, in 2.6.1 many items went from dibs to leg power, in every single case dibs affix disappeared.

1 Like

Alex has presented the info very well. To this I’ll add that the top Leapquake clear is 130, and the top Slam clear is 138. 130 + 7 = 137, hence my “plus or minus 1 GR” comment.

That’s because Frenzy is a low-fishing build that deals a lot of single target damage. So you are going to be able to consistently clear much higher than you would with a high-fishing set that had a similar top clear.

As for not being able to clear 110 with Leapquake, I think you need some more practice with the build, or maybe some pointers. I’d be happy to help you out with that over in the Leapquake thread I recently started.

1 Like

As mentioned, frenzy does very fast and hard dps to single targets which also translates to a good RGK which cuts the time down for clears as well. I personally found frenzy a fishing oriented build as well above 120 since you cannot trash kill like EQ/WW or even HotA and trash can add a lot of progress.

1 Like

I have been maining the build since it came out i have no problem playing thanks for assuming i’m some dummy. Damage isn’t there and not even close to what you claim it to be. You can look up my european server i probably have over 1000 hours on that build alone!

Uh, what? What did I “claim it to be”? That Leap did 130 is not my opinion, but a fact. That Slam did 138 is not my opinion, but a fact. That gaining an additional 3x multiplier gives you +7 GRs is not my opinion, but a fact- really simple math.

I never made any such assumption. But, if you really can’t clear 110, then something is wrong. I did 120 with just under 2k paragon.

4 Likes