Beta coming soon?

I just chcked the d2r website and a beta sign in option was there instead the alpha one. This is for the spanish version of the website.

That icon was there several days ago. I think Beta will take at least another 1 month to come.

1 Like

I don’t believe it will be soon, haven’t really seen a change to the optin check (not the button, the query btw) since tech alpha was up, but who knows I could be wrong. If I were to guess an estimate on beta based on how much appears to be done in D2:R, I’d say maybe 1-3~ months optimistically? and perhaps 3-6~ months pessimistically.

Take that with a pinch of salt, although I lean more towards the pessimistic guess here, just because VV seems to be taking their time with development, and that’s a good thing. Looks like they got a handful of bugs/errors to iron out that were discovered in the alpha itself (i.e. additions they made). Then they’ll have a bunch of bugs they’ll have to go through for the underlying game engine which I personally think will take the most time.

But yeah so far, looks like they’ve made some really decent progress, looking forward to the actual release of the game!

I would also first expect some official communication after alpha. How it went, issues that are worked on, etc
Some stuff for community to debate on and speculate

3 Likes

If alpha is anything to go off I would mark down about 7 weeks from now. No official news however.

I agree with this, i am optimist and i think in may beta will be available.

I hope to be in may, else we wont experience an iconic late june release :fearful:

1 Like

Late May would make sense I believe.

The alpha was so great and almost perfect that I hope that the multiplayer will start directly with the beta and that the game will be released in Q3…
So, why not? Lets start beta now!

3 Likes

I am so hyped. But they still need to tweak a couple of things. I hope for a release at least in September.

Well then. We hope and believe, we wait.

Just because they have mephisto doesnt mean they have rest of the act. One thing is to make enviroment, other thing is to ramake monsters which in my opinion is significantly more work. They need to make new nice designs true to original but still improved with all animations.

And its not just normal, some monster have new abilities on Nightmare and hell so they need to not only reqork character skills but many skills monsters use.

3 Likes

That button keeps changing names and Blizzard won’t talk about why, so who knows…?

1 Like

Guys, if the game is to release this year that means all assets are pretty much complete by now, and everything is currently heavily tested. This is almost May. Test cycles do take time and there are steps before releasing on 3rd parties platforms.

8 Likes

This game is in dev since the first rumors 2 or 3 years ago, so probably just need to beta test new PvP realm.

It would seem logical but I think the announcement and response be be in one message. I don’t expect there to be two as its not really a new game.

BETA opt-in in terms of wording shows for America’s too…when clicked it says opted into Alpha (shrug).