Beta access for preorder?

leak says you get access if you preorder the game
very specific and weird leak imo seems fishy
why would the pre order say it does not include access to alpha if indeed it will include access at some point?

non the less yall excited to get into the alpha this time unlike the first time? ill be real happy to test d2res on my outdated pc

Update
It seems that pre-ordering D2 Resurrected gives you an access to beta test, according to Twitter.

2 Likes

maybe its only for console pre orders

i did get the tech alpha and i was pre ordered already. but at this point i want a refund due to them holding the release date hostage.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that pre-purchasing does not guarantee you alpha/beta access. The selection process is random IIRC~

There were a quite a few people that pre-ordered under the guise of getting alpha access and ended up a bit sad when they didn’t read the fine print. I’m guessing this is to appease that or to just get numbers, or both.

Private/closed beta will likely happen first then move into open which they want to stress test with.

I think he mistyped “23.09, preorder for beta access”
He meant to type: “23.09, twitch-stream for beta access”

It’s a common auto-completion mistake on most smart phones.

1 Like

Main D2: R page on top and bottom says,
Top of page:
Beta Opt-In*(or, Thank You! We’ve recorded your opt-in to the Diablo II: Resurrected Beta. if you’ve already opted in)
Or Pre-purchase Now (does not include Beta access).

Bottom of page:
Beta Opt-In*
*By clicking the opt-in button, you consent to receiving news and
special offers from Blizzard Entertainment. Access to Beta and
possible future tests is not guaranteed.

3 Likes

Blizzard did not promise alpha or beta access to those who pre-purchased. If the leak is real, you can imagine that they changed their mind in response to all the negative feedback that they received about who got alpha access. Personally, I think that those negative comments were unwarranted.

2 Likes

People pre-order games without a determined release date when they know they’re planning to play it whenever it comes out. If that’s not you, then you did it wrong. PEBKAC issue.

Agreed.

It could also simply mean that beta requires a pre-order (or at least prefers pre-orders), but not every pre-order will join the beta (at least from the very start, as they might ramp it up in intervals).

It’s possible they changed their minds about who gets open beta access. It states whoever pre-orders gets open beta access so if that’s not correct can we get clarification from a moderator?

Yes, OPEN Beta access will be granted early (usually a day early if Blizz sticks to past examples). They are being very clear that it does not grant access to CLOSED Beta tests. So basically, pre-purchase get to jump in early on the stress test.

The official word is what is on the official D2R website. (and apparently Twitter)

*By clicking the opt-in button, you consent to receiving news and special offers from Blizzard Entertainment. Access to Beta and possible future tests is not guaranteed.

EDIT - I did not see the Twitter post from Diablo which was a few minutes before I posted. I have been corrected! https://mobile.twitter.com/Diablo/status/1404133544721620993

I pre-ordered just now, thinking I would get beta access, but it doesn’t let me install the game =/. The wording is honestly very disingenuous and misleading.

1 Like

Well they have tweeted about it now and it does apparently. Must have changed their minds.

2 Likes

Beta isn’t until August though.

1 Like

Blizzard is so shady with the wording because the Twitter post seems to allude to gaining instant access to beta =/. It’s not a big deal because I would have purchased it anyway, but it’s annoying.

1 Like

Ahh yeah they should have clarified for sure, but I’m pretty much just taking their info to mean that it guarantees access to the beta in August.

Thank you for the link. This is what I get for leaving the house for an hour for errands! I missed that.

OPEN Beta access is granted - so a stress test.

The website sales page probably means no CLOSED Beta guarentee for pre-orders, which would be normal for Blizz.

Beta is not running right now and won’t be until Blizzard announces it. They will likely do what they normally do - some folks get access to Open Beta 1 day before it goes live for everyone else. That is what they did with several other games.

Watch the main website for a News announcement with the Open Beta date. It will be after Closed Beta if you are looking for milestones.

1 Like