Best ring stats for GoD

Hi guys, what’s the best stats for both rings?

1. Damage/ CHC/ CHD
  2. CHC/CHD/AD 20%?

Do I need CD reduction if I already have 44% without rings? And should I go Damage instead of AD 20% if I already had 134% AD?

Generally you want CHC and CHD on both rings, then AD, CDR, IAS, or +damage depending on your other items.

Ancient damage roll is very good for 1h crossbows, but less effective for 2h crossbows or bows.

1 Like

HunterKiller is right.

To give you a little more detail, you want…

On an ancient ring:
CHD/CHC/Socket/xxx

That xxx will either be AD, Ave Dmg Range or even Dex. You have plenty of CDR if it’s not on your rings already.

If you have good rolls of AD on your Gloves, Shoulders and Weapons , then Ave Dmg range should be better, unless you’re using a 2h xbow where AD or even Dex might be better.

As an example… I’ve got a little over 100% AD on my GoD build, wearing a 1h xBow/Quiver. I would roll rings as:

CHD/CHC/Ave Dmg or Dex (Dex also because my paragon is pitiful this season, less relevant the higher you get)

Either way it’s going to be close, so if you really want to know the finer details, I suggest looking up D3planner. It takes a lot more things into account than what the game calculations give you.

I barely know how to use it… but it’s the best tool we have out there if you’re min/maxing. :sweat_smile:

Definitely worth checking out.

1 Like

Thanks guys for sharing.

I have actually looked into d3 planner from Rhykker and he suggests 1 ring damage/CHC/CHD/socket while the other CHC/CHD/AD20%/socket.

After testing out the 20%AD in exchange of Damage 100-180 actually made me lose a whopping dps (about 500k or so) so I led me to thinking whether is it worth going AD while I already had 134% without the rings…I also had 44% CDR so I’m not rolling any CDR into rings…

As I understand, AD damage isn’t included on the sheet damage, including d3planner. If you trade a stat for AD, you may find the sheet damage drops. If AD is proc’d, the damage should be higher.

Are you referring to me? I’m confused. :thinking:

Since we get finite affixes, it’s inevitable that we have to choose between stats based on our needs.

For example, assuming your damage is X with 130% AD, and you have to choose between 10% damage and 24% AD on your weapon (not dual wielding):

Choosing damage makes your AD proc do X * (1+0.1) * 1.3 = 1.43X damage.
Choosing AD makes your AD proc do X * (1.3+0.24) = 1.54X damage.

Overall I’d say damage is the more balanced option that is good for both farming and pushing, while AD can be better for pushing but much less effective for farming.

Derp… I think I got confused with your avatars, and I’m speaking with him in another thread…

Yes, I was… and I’ve fixed that. :beers:

Thanks guys, so I’ll just stick with 2 rings damage/CHC/CHD/socket then…thanks!