Best Follower for Grim Scythe Build

Which follower and what type of equipment?
Thanks

Paladin. The heals alone are the best support. For our follower to stun as many enemies as possible, equip him with an Azurwrath, Bul-Katho’s Wedding band and an Ess of Jordan. The weapon has an aura that has a 20-25% chance to freeze enemies but it hits only demons and undead. The Wedding band with its own aura hits all enemies around the paladin and benefits from the 20-25% stun chance. Shield doesnt matter which one. The charge ability with a ten second cooldown is the fourth stun. The Ess of Jordan keeps enemies close to you sometimes. The more enemies there are, the more you benefit from these effects.

Templar

Amulet - Overwhelming Desire

• Chance on hit to charm the enemy. While charmed, the enemy takes 35% increased damage.

Ring - Unity

• All damage taken is split between wearers of this item.

Ring - Oculus Ring

• Chance to create an area of focused power on killing a monster. Damage is increased by 70 - 85% while standing in the area.

Weapon - Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker

• Chance on hit to blast your enemy with Lightning, dealing 279–372% weapon damage as Lightning and then jumping to additional nearby enemies. Each enemy hit has their attack speed and movement speed reduced by 30% for 3 seconds. Jumps up to 5 targets.

Shield - Freeze of Deflection

• Blocking an attack has a chance to Freeze the attacker for 0.5 - 1.5 seconds.

Is Azurewrath better? , Azurewrath seems to hit undead and demon no matter what… but Thunderfury only have “a chance” to proc only

The damage of the follower is small, it is not important.
Only the supporting effects are important.

I’m 99% sure that Ess of Jordan is better since it helps with grouping up a whole damn lot and what meleemancer lacks is mobility

2 Likes

I used to equip my followers with a thunderfury and the ring that has a chance to stun enemies hit by lightning but my above combination hits much more enemies now.

Enchantress for the extra attackspeed - to bring you up to the next Breakpoint.
else, Templar for the heals

I can vouch for that, after those Trash Mobs got sucked in… 1 or 2 Swipe… all of them gone… helps accumulate the “meter bar” so much faster. but its not very useful against Grifts boss

The point is its useful until you reach the boss. And then its only useless against the bosses that have no adds.

What about Enchantress with weapon The Executioner?

• Attacks will slay enemies with less than [5-10]% health.

Will it be useful on higher difficulties?

When you play without curses the Executioner might be useful.

What does the band do?
Drain life? but for how much damage … or does it slow them forKrysbin’s sentence to proc?

Thanks

If you use the Templar, one of his abilities causes a slow to anything he hits, so the Bul Kathos ring is a free proc of Bane of the Trapped from the Templar.

The Executioner effect does not work/is disabled on followers.

Its an aura that deals damage to everything in range all the time and triggers azurwrath with has a 20-25% chance to freeze enemies which triggers your Krysbins.

Do you mean this
the band can triggers Azurewrath?

and azurewrath have 20-25% chance to trigger Krysbin ?

I used it with my WD’s follower for a while last season. But it seemed to me that it probably didn’t work, but I wasn’t sure. It is difficult to estimate how much HP the monsters have left.
Thank you for confirmation.

Even if it did it would have still been useless since Grim Scythe applies Frailty it has a higher % than executioner.

And that stun triggers krysbins.