Bell Monk is Ridiculous

The non-season LoD WoL doesn’t require much CDR, a couple affixes somewhere typically is enough. The S27 variant requires much, much more CDR as you have now much less ORotZ procs to offset the cooldowns.

Its a zodiac build so cooldown is dependent on how active you are. I try to get around 55%.

I farmed all the monk stuff on my barb & DH. Its there. Just need to lvl one up.

I think 4-5 minute 150s would be great for 2 man teams. Ive never done all 150 augs before.

The real issue is that the devs are incapable of properly balacing the sets. Inna’s needed a nerf but not by that much. The same with many other OP sets where they just made them useless.
They either buff too much or nerf too much, there’s no in between.

2 Likes

LoD is pretty hard to gear for though. I like the idea of - if it’s hard to get its worth getting - so I have a soft spot for WoL monks.

Anyways, i had gear from other classes, along with a decent warchest of mats, it took me about an hour of upgrading and gambling to get a pretty decent WoL build going. I haven’t done a GR yet, but I am getting there, lol.

I had no intention of even playing a monk this season but this kind of power is hard to pass on.

3 Likes

No lie, I actually gave up quite early on Bell Monk, couldn’t get the drops, and the bells kept bugging out and would not detonate, wasn’t worth it for me as I’m too casual and a total potato, so I kinda needed a build with a 6 piece and a good seasonal power to carry me a bit, tried a few other toons and so far I’m having fun with my Barb going brrrrr!

Still want to take a swing at Impale DH.

Have fun with them bells!

Indeed! 100% agree with you. Is hard to put together and is not an friendly build to play for hours of grind/push.

1 Like

I miss the Inna monk fire build from season 25 :frowning: it had a lovely punch when you got the rotation down.

4 Likes

pretty fun. first grift i tried was 135, took me like 8 minutes. second one took 5 minutes. i think once i figure out the bells it will be much easier, lol.

There’s a “Needs more cowbell” joke in here that I am too tired to expose.

1 Like

What ? I mean, sure it doesn’t need as much cdr as this season but 54/58% cdr (and some rcr) can hardly qualify as “not much cdr”, it’s basically cdr everywhere except rings and maybe one other piece if you want to tryhard

1 Like

Its super hard to gear for. I had pants, chest, gloves, rings, amulet already. I gambled for bracers & shoulders and got amazingly lucky. Boot % dont matter as much right? Sanctified 1 fist and reforged the offhand. Usually you cant gear up a wol monk that fast.

Boot% definitely matters, why wouldn’t it.

Wishfull thinking.

Okay theres a lot of room for improvement then cause my boots are not awesome.

Non-season LoD WoL uses ORotZ to mitigate cooldowns as you are spamming WoL like mad. While having a lot of CDR does help, it is not required. The S27 variant requires way more CDR since WoL works differently due to the sanctified power and won’t proc ORotZ by itself, as I already said.

I did play LoD WoL a couple seasons ago. I had ~40% CDR or so and had zero trouble keeping Epiphany and other buffs up 100% of the time.

It feels very strong. I did a 140 in 8 minutes and change with the first good map template I got. That’s like 3 minutes faster than my impale DH and that dude absolutely shreds. I like how the bells spawn occulus rings? LOL. Nice.

Right,Inna was nerfed,some players unhappy and complained at this forum,this Season Crucible Bell Bug could be a compensation,it buff bell about 12 tiers,fortunately,it will disapear after S26.H90 is a exciting build,I will Keep proposing to buff it until it is be buffed.

1 Like

Exactly this and lets not overreact. Its a strong solo but requires coordination to a point puts off a lot if not majority of players in multiplayer. To maximize bell damage, you want to play the clones to detonate their own bells, not a playstyle for everybody. Unlike other builds where 90 yo with a setup macro can speed 150s while eyes off the screen. Every season, the theme can carry records, WoL is just one of them, about to be vanishing soon.

1 Like

That would be true if that unnatural playstyle from LoD Wol had not been already stronger as Inna last season as a push build, with no real season’s theme available.

Unless nerfed it will still be a very strong build and outlier next season. Maybe like Raekor not so much played, since not really fun to play, but if the theme in any way supports those strongest builds, they will be exceptional strong even if do not see millions of them on LB and they will hinder what you can do with making things that underperform stronger with general changes, since those would also even further increase the strength of those unfun to play outliers. (Not like devs seemto like fun to play builds being strong, for some reason they almost always demand unnatural clunky playstyles :stuck_out_tongue:).

1 Like

It doesnt seem overplayed. The soul shard season bottom 1000 was gr150 at like 12 minutes or something crazy.

Is there a trick to maximing bell damage?

RS double dip if clones detonate their own bells, so its 5.5x twice.