Belial's Meteors: Lightning OR Physical?

Although Belial’s meteors are green (suggesting Poison):

a) It says on the many D3 wikis (e.g. Fandom Diablo Wiki), that it is Lightning.
[Sorry, the forum rules algorithm does not yet allow me to include links in my posts, otherwise I would give the URL.]

b) Someone replying on this forum said it is Physical instead, definitely not Lightning.

So I am confused. Can anyone confirm definitively whether the damage is Poison, or Lightning, or Physical? :crossed_fingers:t4: Any D3 veterans can advise, pls?

Thanks so much!

Yiren.

To post a link:

1. Paste the link in your post.
  2. Select the link you just pasted and click the </> button on the Reply Editor toolbar.
  3. Click Reply.

Your link will look similar to this: https://d3resource.com/journey/index.php

1 Like

The guide is probably right that it’s lightning but rather than trying to boost your immunity to it a better strategy is to learn how to avoid his attacks altogether. It’s not that hard though annoying the first few times you fight him. In fact, once you get good at it you can earn an achievement for successfully dodging them all at some higher torment level, I think Torment VI but it’s been a while since I got it.

1 Like

Belial has different attacks. His ground effects and breath do lightning damage, but some of his attacks, such as when he slams the ground, is obviously physical (He is literally trying to pound you into the ground. How can it not be physical damage?).

1 Like

just tested this because im very scientific and thorough and good at this game and the results are
Using the lightning immunity amulet Xephian, you become immune to Belials spells so they are obviously lightning, but you still take damage from his arm smashes so those are likely physical but definitely not poison as poison immunity amulet didnt immune anything he did.

and that’s the stone cold truth.

1 Like

To free the computer user from the desk, an array of portable PCs has been developed. Portable PCs packages the components i.e, the system unit, input devices,
and output devices into the single, lightweight package.

Thanks, Perusoe.

I know the mechanics of creating a link. It is just that I only have less than 10 posts, so the forum algorithm does not allow me to include a URL. It fears I may be a spammer.

Similarly, it restricts how many replies I can make, which is why all my replies are bunched up here. :sweat_smile:

Thanks, Ontheleft.

I like playing at a much higher difficulty than most would for a particular character level, so I usually take so long to deal dmg that Belial’s enrage mode starts. Then the meteors cover the whole arena all the time and become un-dodge-able.

Thanks, TimberWolf.

That’s why my question is specifically on Belial’s meteors, not his other attacks.

Thanks, Bravata.

I LOVE scientific. I’ll certainly hope to ask you more questions in future, as many others just “shoot from the hip” when they answer. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t yet have the Xephian amulet (playing seasonal char), so I have to load up on lightning resist.

Yiren.

Nobody is “shooting from the hip.” This has been tested and reported already. That is why the guides mention that his elemental damage is lightning. Why you don’t bother to believe this but not bother to test it yourself is beyond me.

I was not referring to you in my comment, TimberWolf. I was merely thanking, Bravata, for his/her effort.