Before the questions start

Every PTR the forums are flooded with questions -‘When does PTR start?’ “What time does PTR start?” “How soon before it starts?”

This time around, save the keystrokes. Unlike season start, Blizz does not announce the exact start time for the PTR. Last minute ‘oopsies’ may crop up, whatever. Just know that it will start sometime Thursday afternoon, Pacific time. Could be noon, could be 6 p.m. Just have some patience.

9 Likes

For those of us outside of the USA…

PT = Pacific Time (UTC-8)
GMT = Grenwhich Mean Time (UTC+0)
CET = Central European Time (UTC+1)

PDT GMT / UTC CET
13:00 Thursday 21:00 Thursday 22:00 Thursday
14:00 Thursday 22:00 Thursday 23:00 Thursday
15:00 Thursday 23:00 Thursday 00:00 Friday
16:00 Thursday 00:00 Friday 01:00 Friday
17:00 Thursday 01:00 Friday 02:00 Friday
18:00 Thursday 02:00 Friday 03:00 Friday

You might also find these useful…

4 Likes

Will keep an eye on the forums, hoping someone will make a “PTR live thread” <3

Ok, but do you know when the PTR starts?

11 Likes

If they want me to do their work for free, they should at least have the courtesy of letting me know when to start working for free.

7 Likes

Thank you Nefertiri and Meteorblade.

1 Like

I just check the Launcher until it’s patched to the current version. (In this case, Version 2.7.3).

As you can see from the image above, it has not started as of Thursday, March 10, 2022 at 1:38 AM EST.

3 Likes

Yeah so when does ptr start?

My guess would be around 4 hours from now, around the time seasons start

Also there can be a delay from the time it patches to when the switch is turned on.

1 Like

I love this and the funny part what is the big deal when it starts. Sorry you have 2 wks to play it. Blizzard will start it when they start it live with it.

Fresh leaderboards.
So, if you get on 2 minutes after it goes up, you can snag some cheeky Rank 1 screenshots.

1 Like

Some players are worried that someone else might see a sliver of new content before they do. Trivial, I know, but some people’s brains are just wired that way, I suppose?

Either that, or they just never learned patience as a child. Especially in today’s instant gratification society ‘Gotta have it NOW!’, a la Veruca Salt.

3 Likes

WOW we are playing a PTR that is a fake game with a fake leader-board that doesn’t mean anything. Yes the PTR is there to help fix problems that come up. This is a video game not life and death.

That is just like playing a 75 GR they brain is wired to go for just elites. Just a big waste of time at that lvl.

When does it start, when does it end, when does it start, when does it end?

Right on! :slight_smile: I have to admit though I keep clicking “Check for Updates”.

Could just check the Bnet launcher.

2 Likes

You would think that they would know that by now.

Sooo… it starts soon?