Been gone a long time

Ive been out of the diablo3 loop basically not too long after it came out.

Ive done a few campaign runs, going up in difficulty and building my character. and I’m still having fun doing that solo.

I’m basically wondering whats next? I really don’t have any idea what the seasons are, no idea what rifts are.

Help a newbie out, Id love to get the full experience of the game, Thanks!

Assuming you beat the campaign and it sounds you have, change the game mode to Adventure Mode which unlocks bounties and rifts, if its available to you. This will then let you experience the other stuff.

Seasons are basically playing Adventure Mode with certain tasks per Chapter completion of which earns you a reward of some sort, except the first one. Plus, each season has some global change/theme where you start as a level 1 character.

Yeah I’m about to be through master difficulty, which i believe is where i can switch into adventure mode. Ill definitely look into that.

Am I able to team up with other people in adventure mode?

Do you have the RoS expansion and the necromancer DLC?

Yeah, I have the expansion and necro dlc

From the New Player Help forum…

1 Like

Run the entire story. After that jump into adventure mode. When you log into the game click on the what’s new link, go all the way to the beginning and it will show you everything that has been added. Like new zones, cube, goblins. Just take your time and you should be ready by season 25. Make sure you are on a setting you can handle. Don’t sweet over gear it will be replaced several times.

Killing Malthael on campaign in any difficulty should unlock adventure mode for you.

Definitely, although it will be difficult to find someone on any difficulty below Torment 16 (yes we have 20 difficulties now) on either non-season or at this point in the season.

If you get the 6 pieces for any set, you can easily run Torment 6 (T6). From there, just find the pieces of gear that go with that build and you can jump from T6 to T10 to T13 to T16 pretty rapidly.

Personally, I would go seasons because if you complete the objectives on the first 4 Chapters of the Journey, you are given a 6 piece set. This way you can level at your own pace and get familiar with the game again.

If you just want to smash stuff real quick and want a short cut, ask in some of the powerlevel communities for a power level to 70, and lots of times you can get carried in high greater rifts (GR’s) or rifts, and you can gear up in a couple of hours. If you go this route, you can get a carry in non-season or season, it doesn’t matter. The only difference is far less players play on non-season.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Don’t be afraid to give seasons a try. Go to maxroll.gg or icy-veins and read their guides. Will give you a good idea of what to do and expect. It’s not hard to complete, you get some cosmetic rewards (and the all important extra stash tabs!).

Your keep everything you earn at end of season when your heroes roll over into non-season.

If need help along the way, ask in chat. Players willing to help can be found. Good luck!

p.s. Just looked at your profile. You have on Stone Gauntlets. Don’t be fooled by those things… if you find your hero stuck and not able to move or attack, they’re the reason.

2 Likes

Luckily, I just got an upgraded item to take those gaunlets off.

2 Likes

Also, not sure if you know about Kanai’s Cube? Google it, go get it! Total game changer. Only in Adventure mode, however.

3 Likes