Basically a noob all over again... help?

I was bad a** in diablo II and even carried that over to Diablo III however, I took a looooong break from the game (2-3 years) and now im back and kinda lost on everything as I see there has been major changes…

How does the game work now? what are seasons etc…

2 Likes

thank you… can we play game multiplayer? or only solo? where can I find information on this?

You can do both. In game menu click settings, then in lower right of the screen either join public games or create a game and open it to the public. Or create a game and set it to private if you wish to play solo.

1 Like

There is a game guide linked on the home page. It provides a lot of useful information.

Hallo wir können gerne zusammen spielen Adde mich einfach unter den Namen: Rexlight66#2350

Google translate gives us this…

Hello we can play together just add me under the name: Rexlight66 # 2350

The Battlenet ID of the player who made the opening post starts with a 1, which means their home region is The Americas. As your Battlenet ID starts with a 2, that means your home region is Europe. If your heroes are not on the same server region, you can’t play together.

1 Like

okay so that part is still the same! Thanks alot. Now im hearing about the seasons… is there still “normal” game play? im alittle confused on that area however I am reading the beginners guide to get a better understanding, thanks in advance.

The four available modes are…

1. Softcore seasonal
  2. Softcore non-seasonal
  3. Hardcore seasonal
  4. Hardcore non-seasonal

The seasonal options are only available whilst a season’s running. Seasons usually last around three months, and the current season’s been running for about three weeks, so you’ve got plenty of time to make a seasonal hero and complete the seasonal journey, if you want to.

1 Like

Seasons are essentially D3’s version of D2 ladder, since you mentioned being big into D2. They no longer have any exclusive items though, instead having an exclusive theme or themes that augment game play on some way.