Barbarians Getting Bored

I have noticed a common sentiment around the barbarian community is that while everyone generally enjoys rend, it’s getting really boring. The HOTA buff this patch is nice but it’s still very basic gameplay.

Savages? It never got the S-tier treatment the other new sets got.
MOTE? Super fun gameplay but lacks damage.
Raekor? You bang walls to get charges faster. Yay.
Immortal Kings? Cool but lacks punch

Metrics might say that everyone has and plays a barb, but it’s for the wrong reason. When a Z build is the best you have, that’s kind of saying something. Any chance for some zero hour love? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Greetings to today’s test Immostal Hammer Of The Ancients. - It’s off-season.

watched it

so it’s ridiciously weak? so much mainstat and struggeling in a 130 is pathetic even without a season-theme.

hota needs another big buff, maybe just buff ik big time for now to make vile charge also playable (rework could be done when there is more time)

frenzy also could need a little tweak upwards, mote/ss a decent one. raekor would really need a rework and it’s currently too weak (but somehow so that we can keep vile charge)

that leaves ww/rend which is only a mediocre build by todays standarts…

4 Likes

What is the reason for spamming Battle Rage?

probably for ik 4pc to reset the cd of berserk/cota when spending fury ontop of just hota^^
could als be to get some life per fury spend in there but also can’t be much

1 Like

Ah ok. Thought it was strange because you can easily reset Berserk/Ancients with just the hammer.

Well… don’t take this as an example. Good players can do 130 at around 3k paragon, now (pre-buff). And top clears are 140-141. Those numbers will go up by 6 GRs once the buff is applied.

6 Likes

I like the idea of the Frenzy set. It is satisfying to run up and beat the everliving Diablo out of things. But, after a while, the button smashing hurts my hand so I have to go back to a lazier Rend arrangement.

I would probably like more constructs if I could play them. Maybe even HotA which I have used… just not for long.

It’s always the same, we’re asking since the release of RoS for a weapon throw build, to be able to DW 2H weapons, to destroy the ground with an SS build that is not just for fun, something that you can push with It.

But it’s always the same, Since RoS 3 Main builds were always there with more o less love, Charge, WW and EQ. And of course the annoying and boring support.

1 Like

I play on console. On PC can’t you just leave your finger pressing the button to spam the ability?

1 Like

the gr 130 with 3k still isn’t good compared overall, even with 6grs up when hold it up to other classes top builds.
thats always the barbs problem: new items/buffs always go live mediocre and are quickly behind everthing else
just buff ik through the roof for now, 2 builds viable instantly^^

1 Like

I don’t know.

I prefer a controller, so console.

Even still, the constant non-motion makes my hands ache. Primary reason I only play for a max of 90 minutes at a time.

it doesnt matter anymore but to be honest im still a little sore about the lamentation nerf. i thought it was fine. it wasnt even as strong as other builds at the time. plus they left valor as the strongest build in the game for a decent while. sader is the same as barb just a different graphic and skills. barb will never be allowed to be dps for several seasons like they do with other classes. the last time barb was one of the best classes in the game was way back closer to launch. im sure ill keep playing my ww barb and whatever appears to be the new meta in season 25. gg gl everybody!

3 Likes

I prefer Cleave instead of Frenzy… was a fan of Cleave from day 1. Was never viable to use though in any build. Ever. /Facepalm/.

Return of HoTA is nice though. Not bad. Will play one more season because of this.

i would also really like a cleave build, liked it since classic.

it’s not really a return of hota, it’s just kinda useable…

seen vids of nerfed marauder with bad gear and only 6800 mainstat doing 120s in 5-6 mins, hota doing the same with mediocre gear and 12000 mainstat in 14 min - even with the exploding gem synergiezing well with hota it’s that far behind…and we don’t want to talk about innas…

but barbs are not allowed to do dmg or have fun -.-

I would love to see a build around weapon throw

2 Likes

the devs didnt want to buff the ik set so they gave the weapon a buff . i have to agree with you the set needs a buff also. the damage is just not there yet it needs help.

1 Like

its been tooooooo long for the barb . the set needs a buff to go with the weapon buff.

1 Like

You can, but it can be messy.

The issue is that on PC, the game always wants you to have a target. So, if you hold a button down near an enemy, it will lock you onto that enemy. If it is a group, it could lock you onto one at the back and you will not attack because of that.

The consoles do the frenzy and HotA builds a lot better as far as controls go.

well…the ptr is over, seems to be another “thx for nothing”-season for barbs. hota now is mediocre, and that’s the best the barb is allowed to do.
every single barb-skill is either mediocre oder underpowered, some builds for years and others even since d3 launched.

would be nice to hear why some classes are allowed to have op/incredible builds and barbs don’t.

it would also be far more intelligent to build up content season after season instead to wipe it all, keep the good stuff, balance it more (in nonseason) like other games do (poe<–even if i don’t like it) + a needed stats-squish

1 Like