Barb unfinished business: Raekor, Weapon Throw, Vile Charge

I know a guy that would love a skull grasp buff ww and rend to 400%. Just saying!!!

1 Like

:beers: Cheers Rage and the Barbros for your testing, feedback and passion for the class.

May your shouts be potent, your Bul Kathos be smilin’ and ya beers cold :beers:

2 Likes

You are welcome Rage and thank you for your efforts.

1 Like

from Imgflip Meme Generator

2 Likes

I agree weapon throw uniques deserve another bump.

Its been a long time since I have played Raekors and mainly for one reason, I run out of charges… of Charge. I know there are runes and bonuses that help reset charges but man, I can’t be the only guy out here constantly running out of charges. Its the pain of the old Whirlwind barb who can’t keep rage, it just doesn’t feel good. Maybe its just me, and I have horrible aim, maybe im trying to use the Charge ability more as movement instead of strategic buff gaining circumstances, but should that be penalized?

I guess what I’m suggesting is the biggest QoL change about Raekors IMO would be to just let us Charge… Would it be so bad for us to keep up with other players? Going from A to B with Charge spam during low to no mob windows along side Strafing DHs or whatever Monks do to zip around the map so fast?

When pushing, mob density makes this a moot point, it is really only a quality of life idea for the everything else kind of Raekor user.

Like: “Removes the cost of charge” no cooldown, no cost, just be charging all day, when you’re not Weapon Throwing or Bolder Tossing… AlwaysBeCharging… The ABCs of Raekor. I mean the same quality of life was given to Whirlrenders, is all im saying.

Also the lack of damage reduction on the set bonus is cause for concern, as everyone else has mentioned.

Looking forward to that evening season release for the race to 70 with the boys, always a good time.

Cheers.

Edit: Grammar
Edit2: I know this Reply is more of a (Should have been its own unique post) kinda thing, but I actually didn’t get a chance to participate in the PTR at all, so I just didn’t feel like my opinion disserved a spotlight from the community like someone who had, but I also hope that my thoughts could still reach someone from the Dev team who I guess are always looking for feedback? I’m sorry if this post does more harm than good being placed here.

Really solid points. I personally hope they don’t just tack direct damage reduction onto the set and would rather prefer some mechanic that gives toughness based on life missing or something similar. But I hope they listen to all the feedback and do pretty much everything you listed. Especially the removing of the Boulder Toss rune condition from Skular’s Salvation. They need to incentivize the use of other Ancient Spear runes instead of forcing all builds to only use one rune forever.

Here’s to hoping we can get viable Weapon Throw/Ancient spear IK, MotE, and LoD/LoN variants. That would seriously shake up Barbarian gameplay. We’ve had too few builds for too long.

Bro, you know we already found out about this, right?

We got diddly!

But but… They bumped up the fury you get !
With all that feedback and we got nothing… Just like the Morticks bracers days

1 Like

Blockquote

Indeed, nice of them to disregard any of the feedback. Probably was too much work for them to make the set more interesting and, you know, make sense.