Barb Sanctified Powers: Uh-Oh for Rend

Hey there, fellow Barbs.

Just a heads up in case you haven’t read the newest PTR notes: https://us.diablo3.blizzard.com/en-us/blog/23826543

In particular, there’s this:

• Whirlwind pulls in and holds all enemies within 25 yards.

Obviously I haven’t tested this as the PTR isn’t out yet, but this effect description sounds like a hard CC pull and hold. If so, it could disrupt pulls and pixel stomps–the heart and soul of Zodiac Rend.

Sounds like an effect that will be amazing for speed-farming and other chores, but very bad for pushing.

4 Likes

It prolly will affect push builds but the 3rd option with the stacks and WotB could be the one to go for in a push?

You can only have one at a time equipped so maybe its the pull effect for speed runs/farming and the WotB for pushing.

We’ll see in the PTR. We’ll definitely see after the PTR nerf/buffs from Bluzz plus after the fanboiz complain about Barbs again. Tables anyone?

If you dont want your CC taken away you can pick the other power, right? The WoTB one, not hota obviously, lol.

I think it sounds fun though. You might be able to change battle cry to something better. Maybe ditch spear entirely. Not 100% sure how great it is for super max pushing but sounds amazing for speeds.

WW Sanctify for speeds

Berserker Sanctify for pushes

Pretty underwhelming if you ask me. The best one for barb is Hota buff/proc. The whirlwind pull if only good for runs outside of max pushes. Honestly might even go as far as saying the wrath ability will always be better then the pull. Then again the wrath proc states “when you activate” and it last for only 10 seconds. So you will have downtime unless you spam Wrath at the 10 second time frame.

Barb powers seems kind of underwhelming to me, diversity-wise. The HotA one is the more interesting one on the surface, but still kinda boring.

I had thought the WW effect would be a buff though? Rend wants to proc AD all over the place and grouping would help that. We don’t know yet if it’s hard CC or not (and this could change post-PTR too).

Otherwise I think they should add movement speed to the 3rd effect to really make it juicy. Kind of boring to just have a flat damage buff.

1 Like