[Barb] H90 Focused Feedback

I’ve not done any runs with IP instead of WotB.
I’ll have a go at that tomorrow.
Almost got another gem to 100, so I’ll add another 500 STR into the mix too.

1 Like

Do it, boo. And let me know.

In my experience, IP > Wrath while you’re pushing in that 1-10 key fishing range. Ip is up way more often. But once you start to really push/fish, Wrath is gonna be better, with or without Mortick’s.

I kinda wish they would take inspiration from our proposal idea and slap an affix on the BK Wedding Band that rewards you for not using Wrath. At this point, Wrath is too mandatory.

Actually, I wish the BK Wedding Band just said: Gain 50% DR and 50% increased damage every time you are struck by Crowd Control effects.

1 Like

I’m pretty casual on D3, but how about this for S20 frenzy, would it do alright?
d3planner - 212268263

Freeze on weapon/belt

Because the devs don’t want to abbadon their “predator fantasy” and admit that it’s totally useless.

2 Likes

Welcome! Though I did not use the Avalanche skill at all as I figured chilling earth was the only thing needed with 3 shouts and FC. The million dollar question is, does the AoE freeze double dip on the two piece? When I use it I find my surround mobs explode to dust very quickly. Don’t get me wrong, numbers do not lie on the possible higher ceilings of WotB+CoE, but with 4 seconds its a dancing game to stay alive and cash out for 4 seconds out of 24. If you had not stacked enough of stricken before that cash out, the window is somewhat for nought, yes? For reference, I hate fishing. It was kinda fun with raekor’s when the expansion first came out, but I prefer to aim for clearing dense trash packs on the way to the next elite; I’m hopeful, I know…

I found with constantly casting falter EQ’s and filling the void when on CD with rotating WC & the EQ skill itself, I had the AoE Freeze available at any time; so I could freeze, then if needing to charge to safer grounds, freeze again the crowd around me.

Aside from that, for the three changes I noted would you say they were reasonable given the stage of PTR?
Smite switching to 10% CHC
Falter + Grim Harvest being an option for a 6pc (with maybe even armor for stacks too)
& Bastion’s AD limit increased to 50% (an ~11% increase)?

None of those feel like they would break the bank in coding, though I know basic/moderate SQL and python & do not have an experienced perspective on it.

Edit: I guess the real real question is how do you make a setup that isn’t really designed for WotB (or CoE, but that’s personal bias) competitive with other sets (WW rend) that do utilize Wotb/CoE without making it grossly overpowered & unbalanced for those who do decide to use WotB/CoE?

With nonseason in mind, maybe a bonus to damage for x seconds after using ‘skills’ used to incapacitate (Freeze, Fear, Blind, not stun) an enemy put on a barb ring that also additively doubles your own CC reduction… something to compete for that slot…

I actually am pissed that Wormwood & Ring of Emptiness does not work on enchantress. Sure it would make the follower OP for everyone, but if that is the case, why the hell does Band of Hollow Whispers work? …non-continuity…grr…

That link is borked. Can you post an actual link?

If you don’t have TL 3, you can post it with a space between the # to evade censors.

Or put it in the Preformatted text box

1 Like

Ran the numbers again & found a 4f frenzy is doable with Oath & dagger both 7% with 28 ias & EF in cube (seasonal), leaving room for morticks.

Without Wotb:
0 EF stacks 7f, 1 stack 6f, 4 stacks 5f
With Wotb:
0 stacks 6f, 2 stacks 5f, 5 stacks 4f

just wanted to clarify given my previous statements. Danke.

1 Like

Sorry, try that one
https:// ptr.d3planner. com/488724013

Done the test you listed, only at GR90. Not very high I know, but that was the level of my gems.

First run with Wrath, felt squishy, but completed the rift in a little over 5 minutes, damage was no issue.

Second run with IP, felt a little less squishy, popping IP mostly at elites, run done in about 4.30’ish.

The run with IP felt a lot smoother.

Free

i guess we should summarize our suggestions gearwise. could you do that in one clear post?
like the idea with the ring. not to mention the it was my idea^^
for reworking gear we have so far:

1. Wedding Band
  2. Sescherom Vambracers
  3. Lacuni Prowlers
  4. Krelm Set
  5. or incorparting H90 Bracers (instead of chest piece or pants)

We’re not going to get additional items re-worked. We might get a re-work on the set bonuses, but we won’t get new affixes slapped on different items. There is zero chance of that happening.

Imo it’s most promising to focus on a rework of the 2-Piece Bonus: Double the effectiveness of all Shouts. Feared and Frozen Enemies take double damage

Since we get all Frenzy Runes from Undisputed Champion (Frenzy Smite has 30% Stun) and Furious Charge (Merciless Assault) is pretty much mandatory how about adding:

Stunned and Knockbacked Enemies take double damage from Frenzy for 4 sec (time span opens option to counter boss cc immunity for coe element etc.).

Or Enemies affected by Hard CC take double damage from Frenzy for 4 sec.

Or simply Enemies slowed (or affected by your shouts) take double damage from your Frenzy.

Not sure how hard they want to keep the fear mechanic.

1 Like

All good ideas. Knockback and Stun would be great–multiple ways to apply both.

But yeah, the 2-piece bonus needs an overhaul.

1 Like

Done GR 124 at p1945~

The set could definitely use more damage.

I am ok with Cold being the primary element for H90 builds, like Fire being best for HotA and Physical for Rend.

Stun from Frenzy rune needs to go. Those 1 secs do more harm then good.

Bastion’s bug with damage types needs to be fixed.

I want this set to be viable as RGK.

2 Likes

Agreed. Free, what did you guys found on new Bastion effect? I did not test any solo H90, rather i tried some H90 Rgk setups and also geared H90 as RGZ…(rgk+zb combined into 1 in 3 player with zmk+trash kill)… my experience is the Bastion chain effect is what kills its performance. RG with adds just makes the main target (RG) damage dilated too much. on 3 player 115 with 1k paragon s20 on average lvl 100 gems. Saxtris took almost 3 min to kill where single target RG 1.x min.

Did I do something wrong? The chained target SHARE damage right? If so, how about chained target takes a proportion of MAIN TARGET splash damage. Lets say RG takes 1T damage, oppose to 1T/15 targets, RG still takes 1T but splash other 14 targets with lets say 20% dmg??

2 Barb may look stupid, but it really synergies well with WD trash killer.

Since the 2-piece affix is a shout affix, it should just be enemies affected by your shouts take 2x damage from Frenzy, or Frenzy does 2x damage after you use a shout for X seconds.

Just get rid of all the problems of making this depend on hard CC already.

2 Likes

They could make cold freeze lightening gen 6 fury. But I guess they don’t want to take the risk.

Couldn’t they just swap the tunes? Make lightning throw an axe and make cold freeze an enemy.

I HAVE THE ANSWER (humor me)

1. Drop Undisputed Champion, buff Oathkeeper instead.

2. Add Vanguard to the set.

3. Increase DR to 7%.