Barb build no sets

I have been gone for a while and I checked to see the leaderboard has barbs with a strange looking build at the top of the leaderboard. It has 4 pc reakor build. I can’t see how this build can do such high Greater Rifts. Can someone explain this? Thanks

It is a zbarb build. The two purposes of this build is to be able to stay alive and be amazing at grouping mobs let the season theme do all the damage. There are videos out there to see how its done.

If you’re looking at the seasonal leaderboards, the top solo clears were done by abusing the seasonal theme. It takes rift fishing and getting lucky with the theme effects but it can be done with a zDPS build. Unfortunately.

2 Likes

It’s not abuse!!! Anyone can do it just takes a little skill and willingness to actually use the theme. Not cry about it in every thread.

The point is that it shouldn’t be possible for a hero that’s incapable of killing even a single mob in a GR150 to be able to solo clear it due to the theme. It’s impressive that someone managed this, but that doesn’t stop the whole thing being idiotic in the extreme, regardless of us being told it’s “working as intended”.

4 Likes

Your correct that it shouldn’t happen. I’m saying just try to enjoy what your given. I can vouch for my entire clan. We were non season only until this theme came out. Now 50% of the players are only season because of the theme. They enjoy it!!! Blizzard is ok with breaking the game. Maybe we as a community should embrace it too if we want actual game play change.

It’s not my place to tell someone how to have fun–that normally falls to the Fun Police, even when we tell them to hush–but I have to agree with Meteor here. The very definition of a zDPS character is to fulfill a support role, and the fact that such a character can solo a 150 is plain evidence (as if we needed more) that the Season theme is completely and utterly broken.

I don’t play Seasons, but if I was ever going to, this would turn me away from it.

OP, ignore the Season leaderboards when looking to see what’s what with top builds. Non-season will give you a clearer indication of what’s hot, and check out the Top 8 thread stickied in this forum for more info.

2 Likes

My robot lawyer approves of this statement.

This is what’s known in comedy as a call-back. It refers to another / previous thread.

1 Like

And remember when referencing non season LB builds at the top…some of those builds will only work for you if you have the paragon to use it. As stated, let’s say you fancy wwrend, the sticky build guid will discuss how one type of build for it is only recommended/suitable for really high paragons.

Best of luck to you and if your a barb fan, you have a great wealth of knowledge to pick from in here!

1 Like