Barb Buffs in 2.6.7 & What You Want

With Ambo’s Pride in the cube, I don’t see why having free damage is a bad thing? It’s also significantly more fun than having The Furnace in the cube like a LOT of other builds

You’re replying to an alt of–guess who? Yes, an individual who posts in a nearly identical fashion, who, along with other alts, likes posts by a certain other that confuses data, fails to understand context, and argues incessantly about nothing. I’m sure you get my drift. And anyway, the individual’s points are, well, not salable.

That wouldn’t do anything to buff primary skills. They need so much work that it’s not funny.

No. Server lag is primarily due to Area Damage calculations caused by a combination of Dust Devils and the WW skill–the fact that both tick and that each tick can, and often does, proc both AD and Bloodshed.

The proposed changes are likely to reduce lag big time, but there may be other unintended problems. We’ll know soon enough.

LOD Slam will never compete with a MOTE-based Slam build because of the massive set multiplier difference.

The difference between IK and LOD is practically nothing in terms of set bonus multipliers. But MOTE gives Slam 20,000% increased damage as a base skill multiplier, and then you factor in Peak, the new Fjord, and other separate multipliers.

And that’s fine. LOD is cool, but not every skill/combo is going to work well with it.

It was meant as a direct buff to the Pro-Slam build that uses Permafrost to spam Slam and proc Trapped at a distance. I think it’s going to succeed wonderfully :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I suppose we all find out tomorrow

I have already set mine up (Lightning build) with lamentation and Lacerate rune to see if it applies double stacks with the extra damage instantly. I guess I’ll find out tomorrow.

1 Like

How could LoD Slam be buffed without overpowering MOTE versions of Slam?

Maybe with an item that gives SS a certain damage bonus as long as you have no set bonuses active, but maybe there are more fancier ways to do that.

In regards to visuals and sound Frost Slam = worst Slam, but that is just my opinion. The other SS runes (Strength from the Earth, Rumble and Shattered Ground, but Stagger not so much imo) look much better than Permafrost.

Aesthetics plays a huge role for me personally. This goes even so far that I even play a Wizard build with the unruned version of Arcane Orb, because it looks by far the best, since the other visual effects for the other runes are not really aesthetically pleasing enough for me (Scorch, Spark and Frozen Orb are just giant black/white orbs).

I was kinda disappointed when these runes were introduced because they didn’t look really good, but I can understand that nothing better could be done with a limited dev team, but in regards to Seismic Slam, it would be nice if some of the better looking SS runes would be buffed as well.

Adding a damage proc to a related legendary item just like LTK spirit stone of Monks? Gyana Na Kashu or whatever. LoD/N setup can abuse damage procs, traditional specific skill damage based sets can’t.

Yeah, that could work, but the question is “What could it proc?”.

The only thing that I can come up with atm that thematically would make sense is procing an Earthquake and/or Avalanche when you hit an enemy with SS, but these skills are already getting buffed by the MOTE set as well.

SIDE-NOTE: In the next season, the varied buffs - ring of fire, meteors, angels etc etc will raise the bar of leaderboards.
While the mathematics wizards will still get it right, the levels attained starting a fresh character in next season will be different from doing a character in non-season mode.

Sooo, the new rend with WW is like the WD soul harvest build where the damage of haunt is instantly applied once harvested? (Don’t be mean if I got this wrong, I’m not into how the mechanics of the fame works lol).

I think you are correct, but we’ll have to wait for the PTR to confirm it.

1 Like

I agree. We should be testing in the PTR when it becomes available and providing feedback on the PTR forum. This thread focuses on the steps that barbs used to successfully get item buffs and its applicability to other classes.

Would have been so cool if Lamentation also included stacks (like it used to have).
Maybe they will include during/after the tests?

Lamentation will still be able to stack twice. The change was in addition to the current power.

HUGE KUDOS to Free and all involved in making this Happen.

I have never considered myself a great Barb player - BUT - If I can beat 100 first try, with an LoD set, only 1831 paragons, 2 items that are not ancient and only 3 items that are imbued - that is a monumental difference. The great Barb players I imagine will be getting to 140.

Cheers

I should be somewhere around the middle for half of today with only 100. Great work guys.

http://prntscr.com/pkusc4

EDIT: No need to comment n the mystic affix - it’s been changed. But I did 100 with it before I realised I selected the wrong option instead of cooldown.

1 Like

This is the crap you get when one post rules. Free is shallow/blinders. Intentions are good bui I really don’t think you know whats missing, Last reply i wont post on a free form. Jezz think about it.

Season mechanic I can actually use

It could be chilling aura that is removed from Fjord Cutter. Blade of the Tribes already proc Earthquake and Avalanche.

Probably, but I can see the use if Permafrost and Chilling Earth.

Maybe they are finally considering reworking the
Iceblink Gem? If so, then not removing the chilling makes sense.

So Free, if I understand you correctly, you specifically wanted an item that only buffs Pro-Slam and not the LeapQuake build, which meant that if there would be an item that buffs SS as a whole, it would (eventually) make LeapQuake overpowered.

And since LeapQuake uses the Rumble rune on SS and Pro-Slam uses Permafrost, you came up with the idea of creating an item that only buffs Permafrost to not make Rumble more powerful, is that line of reasoning correct?

I am asking because I want to know if an alternative to the current new Fjord Cutter would be an affix or a weapon that increases the damage and attack speed of all the Seismic Slam runes besides Rumble, like this:

If you use the ‘Stagger’, ‘Shattered Ground’, ‘Strength from Earth’ or ‘Permafrost’ rune on Seismic Slam, Seismic Slam attacks 50% faster and deals xxx% more damage.

That would also buff all runes (besides Rumble) and not just Permafrost.

Thanks in advance for clarifying.

They look like fire chains but by the time I managed to spawn this there were no mobs left on the map so I can’t tell whether they do damage or not.

1 Like