Barb Buffs in 2.6.7: Feedback and Analysis

6 Likes

Agreed. I’ve been having a blast on the PTR getting full primal and climbing GR’s. Already over 1k paragon lol.

I foresee a slight reduction to the chantodo nerf. Though for S19, it’ll be smart to run bazooka. Bazooka can easily clear trash in a solo 150. As long as they get that 500 kill streak when the RG comes out, they’ll be doing solo 150’s easy.

It will most likely be the first class to do it. Can’t wait to see all of you again in a month asking for bazooka nerfs… lmao DOUBT IT. You guys only care if barb is strong. Just a bunch of haters with no factual evidence behind your claims that barb is “far above” everyone.

7 Likes

I’ve been a part of every PTR since launch, and one thing has always stuck out to me: Whenever Barb is strong, everyone and their grandmother comes out of the woodwork to get it nerfed.

No other class has ever received the kind of backlash Barbs have for simple, essential buffs. No other class has been so thoroughly hobbled for so long by folks in PTRs crying for nerfs. I’m not sure what it is about Barbs being able to enjoy the game that gets people upset, but they need to let it go and stop asking for nerfs. It’s ridiculous.

12 Likes

Yep. Everytime Barbarian gets a shiny new toy, there’s immediate backlash from other classes. Makes no sense.

11 Likes

Illuminati bro. Illuminati. They are hired for every PTR at NWO headquarters. lol

2 Likes

Test HotA for a night.
IK HotA: 100s 4-5min; 110s 8min; (If double Hammer dmg, it will close to Rend ); 120: 15min - 17 min;
Rend: 110 6 min; 120 12min(NO CC, with CC should be faster);

Titannova tested LON HotA. (He is previously top IK hotA player)

He cleared 133. (His IK hotA clear in 2.6.5 is around 126)

3 Likes

Ya, they should go ahead and make IK do 8,000% weapon damage then.

3 Likes

And MotE 6 40.000%.

It’s pretty damn obvious MotE and IK HotA will be far behind Wastes and Raekor, so why not touch it?

If you touch IK you touch Vile Charge.

The key for IK is Remorseless :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Remorseless buffs will also push up LON/LOD HOTA and R6 HOTA.

Whether you buff IK 6 or Remorseless, you end up buffing other builds as well, all of which are stronger than IK HOTA already.

That’s why, in our proposal, we had Remorseless accumulate damage stacks that increased HOTA damage. That way you would need to keep CotA and Wrath up all the time, which R6 absolutely can’t do, and LOD HOTA would have a hard time doing.

That said, I’ve got no problem with LOD HOTA being the best HOTA.

Remorseless requires perma WoTB and CoTA. It’s hard for other builds to have perma WoTB and CoTA.

Well, LOD can keep those skills active most of the time using OROTZ. And R6 only needs to pop those skills during its damage cycle, just like it pops Wrath at a particular point to spend stacks. You’d just be popping both Wrath and CotA at the same time.

At this point in the game (on a timer with d4 on the horizon), I think its fair for non (meta group builds) to start reaching low 140’s, so that the solo guy can have hope of getting 150 gems, provided enough dedication.

You know a segment of players will keep clamoring to be able to hit 150gr. So why nerf now only to rebuff later? Leave it as is, and give hope to players to buff other builds.

By nerfing now, is that a signal that Blizz is drawing the line with what should be possible solo, but leave Bazooka as is to take advantage of season buff? I realize Rend might outclass IK/MOTE, but I’m just so against yoyo nerf then buff. Just leave it knowing there’s room for other sets/builds to grow. It would be a bit sad to finally reach nirvana balance the night before D4 (whenever that is). But at least it would be there for the long haul to come back to every now and then.

For R6 the thing is different. You can’t use IB. This is like for IKhota you can’t use IB either.
What’s worse? IK have EOF. R6 the best main hand is Pig.

You also have to give up an active skill for a useless cota. Which means you no longer have high density. We all know that three guy is annoying.

The buff to IK is like 3level. For R6, 1-2level at most. Whatever buff to remorseless, R6 experience is still sucks.

Sure, that’s all true.

I was figuring that at high paragon, you’d give up IP for CotA , since you get the together as one toughness.

My point was just that R6 could still use the item, and even if it gets 1-2 less GRs out of it than IK HOTA does, the lead of R6 over IK is considerably more than 1-2 GRs, so R6 would remain ahead of IK, regardless of the bad play experience.

I really do think LOD HOTA is going to be the best HOTA going forward.

Yes. I agree. I also prefer LoN be the best.

I also Agree Free’s suggestion, buffing remorseless again. Double the dmg, then it should be a 140 build. IK 136, R6 138. That is my estimation.

just a little side note. Looked up the video of that 140 clear. First map he got Festering with good mob type. Usually that’s the map you fish for, he just happen to get it with one key.

My previous statement that there isn’t much room for growth beyond that 140 is 100% true. 10.5k paragon, 130+ augs, festering map with power and conduit pylons. it still took him over 14 minutes to do that too.

Maybe, just maybe someone with that level paragon and gear can pull out 141, but I really think that’s max.

2 Likes

Yeah, Remorseless needs to be more or less restricted to IK/LOD HOTA so as not to buff R6. Granted, R6 might still use it higher up, but the other versions of HOTA definitely needed a boost.

R6 can still take advantage of the bug pack, though, and we will continue to see inflated clears due to that.

3 Likes

Also, and this is key:

Y’all, please stop posting in threads that advertise nerfs. I know it’s important to refute trolls, but the more those posts are bumped, the more visibility they get. Threads like this need to be on top much, much more.

8 Likes

I´ve done a few runs with IK Hammer just now. It´s so easy to put together and also play. GR115 in 11:11 at effective paragon 3823 (paragon 2420 + 1403 augments) so far.

The main issue of the build is AoE, you don´t have CDR so Demoralize cooldown is quite long and gathering mobs is a bit tedious. Follower sabotaging you sucks. Basically I progress by hunting elites. With Crimson Frost (MotE+Crimson+Permafrost) I do the same, but given the AoE of Slam, almost everything gets hit by it and dies in the process.

Second issue is lack of a third superb legendary gem (talking about IK HotA). Powerful is OK but most of the time some minion survived when yellow died, if you chain yellow elites it can fall off. Pain Enhancer requires density…

Third issue is Echoing Fury. Given that you elite hunt and AoE is rather bad, the power uptime is so-so. It also fears stuff :confused: I don´t really like it in this build.

Compared to that, Legacy of Dreams HotA is the third OP gem and 98.5x multiplier beats 41x IK set multiplier even if you account for Endless Walk 2x multiplier vs LoD´s Zodiac, that´s why it performs better, it´s simple math. Not even mentioning the fact that Flavor of Time can be pretty game-breaking by itself with the right Pylons.

Only way IK HotA can try to bridge the damage gap is Area Damage everywhere and also something like Elite bonus on weapons. LoD is reliant on CDR rolls.

Conclusion: I would actually say that IK HotA needs another HotA weapon with maybe a screen wide pull / taunt effect or something and erasing follower aggro :smiley: or buffing the 6 set bonus to 4700%.

EDIT: I also forgot the fact that Crimson Frost can easily utilize Oculus and IK HotA struggles to do so; 85% more damage is quite a lot, actually.

1 Like