Barb Buffs in 2.6.7: Feedback and Analysis

UE6 auto clears T16 once you have Yang and DML.

Lots of skills and sets do.

Whirlwind/Rend is arguably the laziest, but it’s not unique in that it makes T16 easy.

5 Likes

IK-HOTA:20000str
105 : 13min
WTH happened to IKhota?
Without IBs, HotA is stupidly slow. I feel like its just a 2-3 level buff! It is still quite far away from viable.

I suggest:
brace of first man : attack speed buff to 100%.
Remorseless: buff to 600%.

Its goddam weak right now.

6 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. What Paragon?

That’s a lot of main stat, and I we need to determine how much Remorseless has to cover to make up, and exceed, the IB set all on its own.

After a quick re-calculation, I edited the OP to reflect the new values for Remorseless and Fjord.

For me

IK-HOTA:26800str / 4094 paragon
121 : 13:38min
Remorseless + Sankis

Yes, the loss of attack speed is annoying. If Remorseless could buff attack speed by 30/50%, it would be nice.

The thing is IBs has 1.3 * 1.3 plus much faster stacking speed. It’s almost 2.0 multiplier. They actually buff IK HotA by 3’5/2 = 1.75. Just 3 level. It still need 5 -7level

1 Like

Did you use PE?

A large enough damage multiplier will offset the IAS loss.

In our proposal, a buff to Remorseless was supposed to accompany a buff to Gavel. without the latter, the former needs to be more substantial. The OP reflects the current values, but let me know if, based on testing, I’m underestimating things.

In our proposal, we calculated that IK HOTA needed 7.1 GRs worth of buffs to be intra- and inter-class competitive.

The current values do not reflect that.

2 Likes

No, I use Bane of Powerful / Bane of trapped / Bane of the Striken.

1 Like

Try again with Powerful swapped for PE.

1 Like

Before my GR 121, I tested with PE (I don’t like the inconsistency and density dependence of PE) :

GR 120 in 13:38 (the same time lol)

PE makes no sense with Ambos. Best case scenario, you have 3% CC 100% of the time against the RG. Other than that, you lose it 1 second after you get it. Might as well use Powerful or Trapped (idk what you’re running but you get the idea).

We’re talking about IK HOTA.

Look, we got this. Have a seat in the back and let the folks who know the game do the talking. Thanks!

6 Likes

I don’t know if I’m playing another PTR as you, but Barb in this state is just OP.
Even with the nerf Wizard is still far ahead of all other classes. Except Barb, he is now ~10 Grifts ahead of the Wizard.
Do you guys REALLY think this should go live like this?

And please not this whining excuse " We have been waiting sooooooo long…".
I cannot hear it anymore. At least the Barb was allwas part of the Meta.
Ask DH players. They were never really part of Meta or the OP class in a season at all.

Don’t get me wrong. Barbs definitly deserve a buff. But making them this OP is not the right direction. How will this end? Every new season another OP class? Like Class-themed seasons?

1 Like

Did I just read right??? Sorry Kitchyboi but me thinks you must be playing in another PTR.

#ploughing125 #pepperidgefarmremembers

4 Likes

I don’t think so.
Current Season Solo Grift on PTR:

Barb: 131
Wizard: 120
Crusader: 115
DH: 110
WD: 107
Monk: 105
Necro: 95

And you want to tell me Barb isn’t OP?

Kitchy - no one with 10k para is pushing (ploughing) with Wiz in PTR. They are playing with their new toys for Barb, Monk and Sader.

Once the next patch goes live just watch. Star Macro Wiz will still be top.

6 Likes

IK-HOTA
Paragon: 4013
Strength: 29759
Gems: stricken, Trapped, PE
Remorsless and the new fury of the ancients are not ancient. Beside that my gear is pretty good.

GR levels:
With IB’s I cleared 120 and was pretty close to 122. With the new setup I’m close to 124-125 but couldn’t close a 124 till.
I think the damage boost is only 2-3 GR compare to IB variant.
Problems:

1. The attack speed a stacks too slowly and need really a density to make it high.
  2. At boss fight only spwans boss can increase your AS and not effectively.
  3. The build need more mobility. The mobility is ok only in good density.
  4. Surviveabilty is worse than before because the slow AS stack…

All in all this build is far behind WW and with bad mobility and low AS a struggle to play it.

2 Likes

Trolls are plaguing barb LBs as usual. I sm guessing barb is doomed to be zdps.

4 Likes

I would guess they are not trying to push so hard with the other classes. There is nothing new that could reach higher levels. In addition, the season bonus is op.

2 Likes

I personally don’t care about Non-Season with their 10.000 botted paragon.
I’m talking about Season and the fresh start where everyone ideally should have nearly the same power. And a gap of 15-20 Grift levels is not what you want there. Not for the Wizard and not for the Barb not for any class.