Balance Changes into the future

Hdin garbage ? rofl

He is not concerned by immune, absurd base damage, very good mfer in 85area even with bad gear, easy uber farmer with 1 in fanatism and crappy stuff, decent pvp and very good pvp with good setup (grief / 125fc, hybrid hammer)
And very versatible, with resists aura self synergies +1%max/2pts

Nah, defintly, hdin are not garbage. Indeed, paladin is absolutly OP

If there is ONE nerf to be implanted in this game, it’s definitly a paladin nerf.

2 Likes

I would personally love to see hammerdins nerfed out of existence.

2 Likes

I would like to see massive skill rebalances so I would see more paladin versatility. Paladins have a lot of cool skills that currently just suck. Even if you had to change a few of his skills because a lot of them are pretty redundant. I would like to see fist of heavens be more viable personally. Since it’s supposed to be one of his signature moves of being a paladin. It’s never been good in the game’s life. Especially for being a lvl 30 skill.

Part of it is probably due to shooting out crappy holy bolts instead of something actually good. Paladin always had redundancy between smite, zeal, sacrifice, and Vengeance.

I personally want to see the vast disparity between good and bad builds reduced by at least 75% though. I blame it on how skills work compared to their synergy bonuses. Synergies drastically changed the damage numbers on skills when they came out. They were never fine tuned in the game at any point. Seeing them fine tuned would probably help the game out a lot.

I can make a barbarian for any situation, pvp or pve.

And he will die to any sorceress or Paladin that looks his way. Also probably be less effective than any other class for the amount of gear needed to go in.

Playing a barb is fun, but they aren’t good since the 1.10 changes since they doubled the Attack rating and defense requirements for all enemies in the game. Meaning some enemies the game will flat out lie about your chances to hit them. Some enemies around the 50 range are actually closer to like 20%.

Making them a class that can’t do crap unless he’s the same level or a higher level than any enemy he faces. Requiring the most grinding.

Still making them fun, but using them with other players makes you feel like you are playing with players who are either too strong or too weak.

Ha! Yea right, I have my own Sorc-Killer build for barbs, and paladins are no problem.

These are the kinds of balance changes that happened in 2010 (not Blizzard North):

Amazon

Summary
Immolation Arrow - Increased radius of Explosion effect by 33% and Immolation effect by 50%.
Immolation Arrow - Explosion effect damage increased by 20%.
Immolation Arrow - Increased base duration by 33%.

Assassin

Summary
Dragon Claw - Synergy receives 4% additional damage per point of Claw Mastery.
Dragon Talon - The bonus to Attack Rating per point has been increased to 35.
Shadow Master - Increased resistance range per point from 5-80 to 5-90.
Combo points awarded by combo moves now last 15 seconds, up from 9.

Barbarian

Summary
Whirlwind - Reduced initial mana cost by 50%.
Masteries - Changed critical strike chance from 0-25 to 0-35.

Paladin

Summary
Blessed Hammer - No longer ignores resistances of undead and demons.

Druid

Summary
Werebear - Damage bonus increased by 15% across all ranks.
Werebear - Increased health by 25% and armor by 1% per point.
Shockwave - Synergy from Maul adds 5% damage per point.

Necromancer

Summary
Blood Golem - Removed negative shared life effect (player no longer loses life when the golem takes damage).
Corpse Explosion - Increased base damage dealt from 60% - 100% to 70% - 120% of corpses health.
Poison Nova - Increased base damage by 15%.

Sorceress

Summary
Firewall - Synergy receives 1% damage per point of Inferno and 4% per point of Warmth.
Blaze - Synergy receives 1% damage per point of Firewall and 4% per point of Warmth.
Hydra - Increased base damage by 15% per rank.
Hydra - Increased base speed of Hydra projectile.
Hydra - Reduced cooldown by 25%.

These are the same kind of patch changes League of Legends (or any modern game) makes every 2 weeks to their characters. They don’t have to be set in stone, they get nerfed/buffed according to stats and community feedback. It helps make the community feel alive and active especially on boards and official Reddits.

Thoughts?

3 Likes

This game is such a gem and should not be touched in that regard. They should stick to updating the visuals and make the QoL changes. Some oppose to the QoL changes but most players are currently running single player with the plugY mod so you can use ladder rune words (without having your character randomly deleted), stash (infinite), repeatable cow level - things we’ll have in D2R (except from infinite stash which is fair enough).

But PLEASE don’t start to mess with balance.

Didnt’t even read this wall of text, after 2 sentences i literally thought … oh my god zzzZZzz… Game is in perfect balance, lasted the last 10 years with a lot of players playing it.

1 Like

Lost 90% of it’s playerbase. Not a good state at all. That mere fact alone means there is something wrong about the balance somewhere.

Could be things like putting points into skeleton mastery makes your poison skeletons do less damage or that some of those buffs were overall nerfs that were made to make up for the cooldowns that were added on them. The game did not have cooldowns for about 80% of it’s life span. The game was long dead when they finally added them, but they added them to skills that cannot work with a cooldown.

Like hydra. Hydra does less damage than any other spell with no cooldown due to the fact you need to set the hydra first, then wait for it to fire. It’s a setup spell you are meant to pull enemies into. The setup time is too much to bother using it now. Also it has limitations now the skill never had before.

Give me a source where you get your facts. Im pretty active on D2jsp the biggest D2 community and on every new ladder thousands of players start fresh.

1 Like

So you are a dirty cheater who doesn’t really play the game correctly. Who is playing with a community of bots.

XDXDXDXDXD

So you judge all d2jsp users and call them cheaters and bot users ? Pretty naive to think like that. You don’t know nothing about this community.

Where is your source that 90 % stopped playing ?

1 Like

as long as they will create a new realm or an expansion I see no issues tinkering with some skills

You can start by just removing cooldowns from skills like hydra etc and go back to how those skills used to be without having to rebalance anything first

So define correctly? That fact that you use a 3rd party website to facilitate trade? That’s not correct in your opinion? As someone else stated - you know nothing of the D2 community. Go back to D3 or wait for D4.

Lol you clowns aren’t the D2 community. You are among the bots and cheaters who plagued the game since it’s release. Constantly break TOS with flying glee and often gloated about doing it too.

Claiming your dumb website is innocent doesn’t actually work on people who know what that website is you know. Since you know I was hanging around with the actual D2 community for the last 20 years. Most of which from websites that saying the name of what you clowns support can get you banned.

Either way I don’t much care about what someone who spent his D2 life cheating has to say about the game. Hopefully bots and duping sites aren’t a problem this time.

They can lower the cooldowns to an acceptable amount. Frozen orb is probably fine, they should probably add a second synergy to it though. However some skills lock you from casting skills for like 5 to 7 seconds. Which is death in hell. Making them completely useless. Not even including that the Expansion does not apply damage over time skills correctly like firewall or inferno. Hydras is like 4 or 5.

In order for it to compete vs fireball you need like 3 of them, which takes like 15 seconds. In a game as fast as diablo 2. XD Don’t need another server for it. Balancing the skills should just be done.

I stuck it up when Blizzard removed my favorite game from battlenet. You guys can settle for a couple balance updates so I don’t see the same 4 builds every game.

Skeletal mages should be a bit stronger, signed

1 Like

didn’t even read this trash, yes you know nothing about the d2 community, i flagged your post again, yw :slight_smile:

Just WoW. The ignorance is strong with this one…

If you are referring to removing skill cooldowns on base game I agree that’s a change they can make without a separate realm or expansion and they should, I referred to making actual balance changes in separate realms