Back from a 4 year hiatus

Hello Crusaders!

I just came back to the game after a 4 year break and a disappointing 7 hrs of Wlcn. I started the season last weekend and I’ve been grinding since. I am happy that I made it to the leaderboards (GR 112, I think it’s not bad for a comeback). I’ve been using the AoV - Heaven’s Fury build and it’s been really fun so far.

I want to push my character to higher GRs, I think my gear is capable to doing higher but I’m not sure what I’ve been doing wrong. I actually struggle alot surviving the GRs and I’m already using unity on cube and follower, any tips?

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/JCA31-6407/hero/120269194

1 Like

Most of the pushing builds use Fate of the Fell and cube 2 shields Ivory Tower and Hallowed Bulwark. Pig Sticker is more for MP for IAS and RGK. Your amulet should be a Flavor of Time. Double pylons is well worth using. Your follower could use some love. Try Occulus Ring and give him a Freeze of Deflection. You benefit from the Occulus and the chance to freeze on Freeze of Deflection on your follower can be very useful. It can freeze the RG. Ess of Johan can be annoying if you’re hitting a pack and all of a sudden, your follower pulls half of them to where he is then you have to change direction. I’m partial to Overwhelming Desire, but either are usable. Eun-Jang-Do is another very useful weapon for your follower. It can also freeze the RG.

I thought RGs were immune to CC, or have I missed something?

welcome back and enjoy. A lot has probably changed in the 4 years since you last played. I don’t play cru, so can’t offer you any advice sorry!

Wow I never thought of that, I’m actually afraid to sacrifice the CDR on fervor in favor of Heavenly Strength, yes I felt that flavor of time is a must but I haven’t found a good one yet. Anyway thanks for the tip! I’ll try to re-spec a build based on Ivory Tower and Bulwark and see how it goes :slight_smile:

RG are not immune to freeze, blind or stun.

I meant Akarat’s Awakening. Not Bulwark. The shield that gives you a 25% chance to reduce cooldowns by 1 second. I couldn’t think of the name off hand.

Lazy shotgun is a lot of fun. Akarats awakening is better for high level grifts, because without a LOT of density, it doesn’t do much. Mess. reaver is better for lower level play if you are focused on cooldown reduction. If you look at my profile I have a few fun crusader builds.

when did Blizzard change that. I’ve read on several wikis that RGs are immune to CC. I’ve never bothered with it in game, I just spawn RG and kill RG. I’m a simple bloke.

Since always. That’s why in groups you don’t have Chance to Blind or Chance to Fear on your weapon. Playing solo, freezing the RG is always nice to have.

righto…what about chance to blind etc on another item other than weapon? Does that trigger the CC affect on the RG, or only the CC effect on a weapon? I prefer LPK on my karleis anyways…

rift guardians can be frozen. easy to prove examples: there’s a dagger that freezes enemies for 3 seconds when they are under 20% life (ppl put them on sidekicks). azurewrath, a 1-h sword, has a secondary % chance to freeze enemies and it’s quite obvious it works even on RGs.

Yes it doesn’t have to be a weapon.