Avoid Spiders in Diablo 3?

Is there a way to avoid spiders in Diablo 3?
As a serious archnophobe, I will avoid playing games with spiders in them. Diablo 3 is a game I’ve been wanting to play for a while but I just can’t bring myself to face all the spiders. So can you simply not play certain quests and avoid spiders altogether? Thanks in advance.

There are some areas without spiders, yes. You will not be able to progress in any form, act 1 has spiders everywhere. They are scattered in some areas in acts 2 and 3 as well and random in rifts and greater rifts. Probably not going to work for you…

I detest and loathe spiders, also, but come on - they aren’t going to jump out of the screen on you. Besides, as an arachnophobe, what better feeling could there be than splattering them into 1000 squishy parts?

1 Like

That’s too bad. I thought I’d read somewhere it could be done but maybe I was wrong.

Not sure if I’m being nit-picky, but the act 1 spider boss isn’t the final boss in act 1. There’s also a boss in act 3 that is a spider who summons spiderlings.

One spot in Act 1 is basically required to be spiders as the story doesn’t make any sense without it.

In rifts and greater rifts, there is no way to control the mob type, so they may or may not show up.

I also hate spiders and Arachnophobia the movie gave me nightmares as a kid, but I kill the heck out of them in this game and real life.

Yes, you can completely avoid all the spiders in Diablo 3. You don’t play Diablo 3, thus avoiding 100% of the spiders.

As others have said, endgame in D3 involves running a lot of rifts and greater rifts, which can randomly hold spider monster types.

There are ‘small’ spiders (grey), medium (grey/tan), the rarer, but cooler looking ‘red’ spiders, and ‘big’ spiders (green). Binder is also a rift guardian - a giant green/brown spider, that spawns little spiders.

If you enjoy killing them, then this is a great opportunity to bolster and massacre them in droves; But you won’t be avoiding them.