Auto Scanning game files on launch

after i updated Battle.net app every time i start up Diablo 3 from the Shortcut it auto Scanning game files , but if i start from Battle.net shortcut it doesn’t . did Battlenet update do something ? p.s i uninstall diablo 3 and battle.nt then reinstall everything but it still does it .

4 Likes

Same happening with Modern warfare after battlenet update.

same here, never ending scanning game
‘update’ only instead of ‘play game’ key

pop-up message
‘Whoops! Looks like something broke. Give it another shot.​ Error Code : BLZBNTAGT00000BB8’

Same problem here.
Also does it with other games on Battlenet.

Hey there,

Typically repeated scanning means an error is happening when it’s trying to install files to a specific folder. There are a number of different causes for something like this to happen. If you haven’t yet, please try the following steps to resolve the issue:

1. Restart the computer
  2. Troubleshooting security applications
  3. Testing a new/different admin user account

If none of the above works, please email us some log files so we can go through any logs the app has regarding the error it’s encountering.

To: Techinfo@blizzard.com
Subject: ATTN KALDRAYDIS
Body: Link to this forums thread so I know what the email is for <3
Attachment: The log files!

Note, please only send to this inbox when instructed to by an agent. This inbox is for collecting files only and we do not send replies through it.

Cheers!

All day today, keeps looping with that message "Whoops! Look like something broke. Give it another shot. Blizz F.T.S.

Same here. Even normal client which was 100% ok before last 24hrs. Atrocious. Had this garbage all day.

This is happening to me too, since the Diablo3 ptr updated now D3(non ptr) scans game files every single time I open bnet

1.Restarting didn’t help this has been happening for 2 days now.
2.it’s not my antivirus.
3.It has nothing to do with my account(happens on many other peoples accounts too).

mine too!!! what did you do blizzard???!!!

if it’s not one thing it’s another :rofl:

Same happens here…I click on Update and it makes it about 90-95% and then it just quits and I get that “Woops…somethings broke” message. Game was playing fine until I logged out and came right back in and it said I had an Update, That was yesterday, Thursday, October 9. It just keeps looping…

Same here. Happened after a reboot requested by security. After I got the continuous updates I installed the PTR and it works fine.

ok there was a Battle.net update and it’s fix now :slight_smile: thank you for fixing fast

how can it be fix? i tried every steps troubleshooting, and it yet done

unable to mail you the log files, as zip file is too large

ptr works fine, playable but the main game menu still looping, only nonstop update unplayable

Hey folks,

We have people working on this. Please continue sending the requested logs if you are having this issue. In the mean time, the game should work if you reinstall it, though we understand this is time consuming and not an ideal way to play.

1 Like

I can confirm the same problem. After PTR launch then later Battle.net auto update, normal D3 game continually auto scans for “game file errors,” then attempts to run update and reports “Whoops…” PTR runs and launches fine, although I would rather have the game I bought and paid for available to play. I tried everything listed in the help, including wiping Battle.net from my system and reinstalling, which created more problems that took me all day to fix. D3 was not having any problems prior to PTR and Battle.net update.

they did a Battle.Net update the next day and fix the problem , if anyone is still having problems then you might need to write a ticket for it.