Augment Token and Primal Essence

Cube recipe:

You can take off the augment that you have on your gear, and you will get an Augment Token for the same level gem, you can only use the Augment Token to augment different gear.

You cannot level Augment Token, once you use legendary gem for augment, whatever level that is, it will stay on that level.

To get the Augment Token, you need Primal Essence, for Primal gear, instead of getting 15 Forgotten Souls, you will get 1 to 3 Primal Essence

1 Primal Essence, 10 Bounty mats from each Act, 100 Forgotten Soul, and your augmented gear.

It will not destroy the gear, but it will take the augment off from it.

To use Augment Token for you gear, you need the Augment Token and 5 Flawless Royal of the same color you want, and you will get the augment for that level.

By having a recipe like this, it will lessen the tedious grind of leveling gems from 1 to whatever and you can use the token on different gear.
It will make useless Primal useful instead of just getting 15 Forgotten Soul.
You still need to grind if you want a better level for augment but you are sure that the augments that you have are not lost on old build or old gear.

6 Likes

Nice idea !

#missingcharacters

2 Likes

So, to get the token that lets you “extract” the existing Caldessan’s Despair from an item, you need to salvage a primal. Well, okay, so that means you need to find a primal. They’re one in 400 legendaries. At GR90 and above, Guardians drop 12 loots, 10-12 of them are legendaries. So, let’s say 10 per GR. That means an average of 40 GRs needed per primal. Well, assuming 5 gem upgrades per GR, you could get a fresh gem to 150 in less GRs than getting the primal would take… so why would you need the token?

What would you do with the useless Primal that you get?

Salvage them and get 15 FS?

At least mine have a use for it.

You could even use Primal Essence for other recipe, get 10 Essence and change Ancient gear to Primal gear without changing the stat rolls and just maxing the stats.

The game has already bunch of useless legendary that can be turned into FS, we don’t need to add useless Primal to that list.

Now this I could get behind, i.e. a recipe to create a [Ramaladni’s Primaliser]

1 Like

But if you get 3 essence for one primal, that means you can remove one caldesanns for about 13 grifts.

Or we could use the mats from ubers, so uber farming would be more meaningfull.

I’d rather see them rework the Hellfire ring / amulet than re-purpose the Uber materials.

Hellfire ring is perfectly fine and doesnt need any reworks, i use them every season and cant say the same for 50% of the other items.

It would wouldn’t have a fully new purpose, but beside of makeing hellfire jewelry, they could also be used in a recepie.