Aughild's Authority or Captain Crimson's Trimmings on Wizard builds

Noting that almost all build for other classes are sporting one or the other set to boost performance, I was wondering why I am not seeing these used in the sets I am seeing posted.

Has anyone tested Aughild’s Authority or Captain Crimson’s trimmings with say Typhon’s set? What was the experience and which would be better for class.

Thanks!

Well, thing is - how will you make that work? Using Typhoon set will mean you play Hydra and obviously you will want to use the Hydra items. Sparker is a no brainer, but there’s Tasker (hands) and Magistrate (wiz hat). So, what do we have:

TV uses Chest, Pants, Boots, Hands, Shoulders and Helm
Magistrate is a helm, Tasker are gloves
=> you need to use RoRG no matter what if you want to use both

Aughilds:
helm, shoulders, chest, bracer
Captain Crimson:
belt, pants, boots

See the problem? How will you fit those in…

And even if you could do it (current seasonal theme), you’d have to bend things a lot and loose too much on other gear options.

Hey Foxwalker hope your having a great day i have actually used the captains set Belt And Pants. The fact that i skipped the belt meant that i needed the Arcane power on crit on the off-hand to sustain arcane to make it viable so far 117 on season with explosive blast set up build check LB`s to see the set up with that since my current view on profile is my farm build. https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/CosmicDiablo-11204/hero/119067757

Hope that helps and good luck.

1 Like

Hey @Lexa i am actually not using Taskers and a good point because of the break points so there is deff that so the build is ok but it could be so much better if using it could all be included but things are what they are. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was thinking if give up Tasker, add the set piece back and use the belt and pants. Need to do the math to see if loosing the Tasker speed vs the boost Crimson gives to damage.

The other option is for Aghild’s Authority, to give up Tasker again for the set piece and add the Shoulder and bracer for it. Giving up tasker and the bonus that the bracer protection of Ashnagar Bracer may be offset by the Aghild, but math or testing to see.

(Or if someone already tried it and noted the issues with the trade off.)