Aughilds and Vyrs

Anyone played with this yet? Is the damage output and toughness better then COE and Ashnagarr? Was thinking about this while playing with a zmonk.

Some of the top clears in Europe (non-season I think?) are using Aughild’s. For a dual-element build I think? Can’t remember the rest of how it was set up.

I think you’ll want pretty high paragon to make it work though. Survivability will be an issue at lower paragon I suspect.

The top clear in NS Europe is a fire/lightning chantodo with aughilds. In this thread Compendium of wizard builds for patch 2.6.6 - #2 by Anelyn-2346 I link to the build, among others

I jacked around with it on PTR, but I wasn’t using dual-elemental.

Cratic was championing it awhile back with dual element build, not sure if he made a guide for it or dfans, it’s Cratic so likely he’s got something written for it already. He said he spent a lot of time farming good Aughilds lol.

Doesn’t surprise me. Aughilds very underrated, so is dual elemental. So is Reavers tbh, I’d show you Furnace users what’s up if I had more than 4-6 hrs a week of playtime :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm…don’t understand the dual element gameplay. Anyone care to share how that works?

I tested a few Cold push builds with Aughild’s about a week ago.

Tried Aughild’s + Karini (no CoE) and Aughild’s + CoE (no Karini)… both builds can push fairly high, but at 1500 paragon, neither of them felt as strong or consistent as Squirt’s + CoE + Karini w/ ABBs … or even EW + CoE w/ ABBs.

The issue was mostly one of too low damage (in the case of trying Karini) or too low defense (in the case of CoE - squirt’s broke too often).

Of the two, I’d say Aughild’s + Karini is the better pick at lower paragon. It still takes a really good rift to clear with, as you need to pull more elites and be consistently engaged with elites to make up for the loss of CoE, which is made difficult this season because of the squirt’s bug, but it can work really well if the stars align.

Aughild’s (or using a bracer such as Strongarms or Nems) for that matter definitely requires much higher paragon - considering we are running Squirt’s Necklace, and maintaining that bonus is of such high value.

2 Likes

Took sooooo long. 10 crafts, one challenge rift’s worth? I think.

As for the multielement, I did play around with that sort of build with Aughild’s (before I even knew it was a semi-popular option) - It was fun to try out, but definitely not my preference for a push build at the moment. Decided to leave that one to other Vyr Chant multielement experts to optimize.

1 Like

When I sim’d multi-element Vyr’s, it’s actually not really much of an average damage boost. What you gain in more CoE uptime you pretty much end up losing in Archon uptime (less Archon uptime = less damage averaged over time).

They key word here is average though. What you gain is a lot more burst damage, accompanied with more downtime. You have to be really effective at grouping during your downtime to maximize your burst damage during your CoE phases. If you aren’t good at doing that, single element Vyr’s with Obsidian and minimized Archon downtime is going to be a more consistent play experience.

I messed around with dual-element briefly, but ended up the same as you Cratic. Definitely not my preference. But I can see the potential for someone who can really leverage it’s advantages.

2 Likes

I tried it. It is great, but I keep going back to my original build as for me, NEMs is key for fast rift times