Ask Employee's their hobbies?

Dear, Staff

I find the need to ask what is a hobby of each yours? You ask, “why?” well I will tell you. The majority of the time there is little to no small talk on the forum’s directed toward positive discussion’s with staff outside of the game discussion’s. To be able to make human connections with you through us the player’s. Would seem like a good way to make a path to discussing all things in a positive light.

Thank you, Blizz and all it’s hardworking staff!

p.s. I look forward to hearing back with some of the Staff’s hobbie’s as well as some of the coffee or tea you drink? :wink:

Yea, this will go well.

Dev: i collect stamps.
Forum: Who does that but old people. No wonder you can’t code right

CM: I ride horses
Forum: Haven’t you heard of cars. You’re stuck in the past like the game

MVP: I collect cats
Forum: Yea, we know, you’ve told us many times

6 Likes

Back in my day, I collected coins and had a snake breeding operation going.
People’s hobbies can be quite interesting and not what you would think they would be :yum:

You’re not their psychologist that bills them $200 per hour. It’s not “positive talk between friends” it’s scoaring information off from people. Just because we share the same forum doesn’t mean we are a circle of friends with a round of applause and back pats. We’re here for critic thinking and that doesn’t cover positive talk or singing “gumbaya my lord”.
If you want to ask about their hobbies reach their social media accounts and most of them won’t even answer you.

3 Likes

Forgive me for being rude, but that is a ridiculous idea. I don’t know those people and don’t want to know those people. They aren’t there to be your friend or your confidant. They are there to do a job - nothing more, nothing less. Fairly certain they aren’t too keen about sharing their lives with players, either.

4 Likes

Don’t you EVER post something like this again. What is your problem?

1 Like

I see what you are suggesting.

HOWEVER - this is the sort of information a person puts on a dating site when they are looking for someone “Must love dogs” etc etc

I am not being mean, but I do agree that it’s a good idea to leave well enough alone.

Is this a form of stalking?

If you need a friend just get a dog.

I am calling 911.

1 Like

I gather you mean this from the point of view that dogs make great companions for humans. I think I will stop there.
:joy:

1 Like

Aside from the mega-creepiness of this statement, there is absolutely no reason for staff to post a reply to this question. The thread would quickly degrade into “I want this in D3” and other demands. The best place for a dev is away from the public forums.

And for the OP - Eew. Just eew.

1 Like

This reminds me of the time I was at the movie by myself sitting in the last row at the top. Some wack job came in and sat right next to me (the place was empty), all I could say was: “REALLY.”

The happy ending to this story is that you’re married now?

Kumbaya

Someone’s cryin’, Lord, kumbaya
Oh, Lord, kumbaya (oh, Lord, kumbaya)

LOL

That was a good one :slight_smile:

Real question is …what staff??

Yup…OP, just ignore the rude. It’s the type of thing people can’t ignore for post wise and state their opinion on which more often than not, is not tactfully done! So don’t take offense to it and leave the forums, just ignore it and learn from it. Don’t ask about people’s personal life unless a person asks you and should be done on private messages. Good luck!

It appears he just found a new friend (Grimcruel), good for him.

I guess the OP just wants to be your firend :blush:

I bet his intensions are completely harmless:roll_eyes:

I’m glad you want to be his friend. Now let him know your hobbies and have some tea. :yum:

In the last century there used to be a non-alcoholic drink called ‘Claytons’.
The advertising for it was “It’s the drink you have when you’re not having a drink”.

This thread reminds me of it:

“It’s the stalking you have when you are not being stalked”

Da faq? Why would players want more interactions with dev outside the game’s discussion? Bluntly, I don’t care what they do when they are not at work. It’s not my problem. We’re here to just play a game…

If you want more human connections, d3 isn’t the best place to get it. Try going outside sometime.

1 Like