As much as I'm excited for the D2 remaster

Hmm I dont mind people asking for subbing or donations. Sometimes it’s their only income so never bother me. Even if it is not I dont mind.
As for the interview, I think it’s a good thing to have serious streamers asking questions since they usualy ask questions fellow gamers would also ask. While professional interviewers(besides love hearing themselves talk) would try to get silly info or annoy the gamemaker for their lack of knowledge…
I think he did good … :confused:

@Aspirine
Yeah I get that, it’s why I said that I’m sure I’m in the super minority on it. But I am strongly against popular streamers and Youtubers asking for donations and subs before people can even see if they like it. To me it reeks of just asking for money and putting it before your own creative work so it can speak for itself. Not everyone does this but I’m just shocked people are okay with that practice. It’s like me going to a car dealership, and as soon as I enter the door they hand me the contract to sign before I even look at if I want to purchase a vehicle from them.

Then, you know, just watch the stream before deciding if you wanna donate or not? Again, there are a series of reasons why it’s necessary to ask for subs at the start and at the finish of a video or livestream, which many people have pointed out before. No one is forcing you to do so, however. The content is 100% free to watch.

Okay I tried to be overly polite about it before, so I’ll just be more clear:

I am NOT going to give any creator the time of day, if I immediately go into one of their videos, and in the first 5 seconds or so, they ask for donations, Patreon money, subs and funds. I think it’s a gross tactic, and it spits in the face of your own content not being able to carry your image. If you want to ask for all that after folks can enjoy what you made, absolutely. But first impressions are everything, and when I clicked on his videos and stream recordings in the past, it’s the first thing that I saw, and I was already turned off.

I am NOT saying that people have to share my ideals, but I am doing this out of principle, and it’s how I live. Like before when I mentioned the example, it’s like going into a car dealership and them shoving a contract in your hand before even looking around to decide if you want a automobile from them. Absolutely ridiculous.

I don’t care what the algorithms say, there are plenty of popular people on Twitch and Youtube who don’t do this. Sorry but the community management won’t convince me it’s not a scummy thing to do.

Nobody is telling you to watch him or like him. But he’s a beloved member of the D2 community that has done a lot not only for the game itself but even for other causes such as yearly charity streams and such (which by the way, is the only occasion where I can remember seeing him actively ask for donations, which, you know, weren’t for him in the first place). So it’s just natural that he would be invited to be part of blizzcon representing the community like he did many times before. That’s all.

1 Like

I never get this part anyway.
If you’re into this game you play it yourself on launch day instead of having someone spoil it for you, right?
If not - why watch someone play it?

Totally your choice. If you can’t stand him, don’t watch him and tell YT “don’t suggest channel”, bye.
Lama is a big thing in D2 community apparently so it was a logical choice to have him, and the panel was done well.

I think MrLlama is a great person as well and can provide incredible value. I just don’t think he represents my views and wants for the D2R. In my opinion he caters more to one side, to keep the game the same whereas I don’t want to play the same game, I want to play a modern version of D2, closer to what D3 has to offer but in the D2 era. If blizzard wants to satisfy the hardcore classic players allow those players to press a button to convert the game back to the way it was with all the bugs and hardships they enjoy and allow them to play it that way. I can only speak for myself and my friends, but I have not heard many players wanting to keep D2 the way it is now.

I am just glad to see that the current team is very passionate and open minded about making changes.

1 Like

From where I’m standing, my impression is, that you are right in general.
However, in the specific case with Mr Llama, I’d say he’s is not some sort of a shill or a grifter, he seems pretty genuine Diablo 2 player to me.
His interview was fine.

If i were to want someone to be shown as a face of d2, it would prob be him. I just know they do d2 speed runs, and actually know the inner works of the game to the point where fps directly correlates fpa, icaught some indepth fire from this guy watching one of his runs a few yrs ago, as a gamer, i also care about such things when i want to maxamize and optimize a game with my time. anyone who can casually talk about such interactions has my vote. I’m just glad they moved away from the ‘‘simply eye candy’’ streamers and chose this guy.

i think mrllama was perfect for this, much better than some click baiter like rhykker. mrllama actually plays d2 still and is very passionate about it. this was a great interview. /flamesuiton

The deep dive answered a lot of my questions I have the originals on CD ROM all 4 discs and I find it hard to play on my gaming laptop love the game don’t use any of the mods looking forward to playing an updated graphics version of a game that got me in to PC gaming
Introduced a friend to d3 looking forward to her playing a classic
Hope VV eventually get the green light to do the same with diablo 1 and hellfire (sorry blizzard I know it’s a dirty word :grin:)