Armory issue save/load

Armory doesn’t save or load our gears. Title names shows as “—”.

The correct word would be gear. You don’t use the word gears when referring to equipment.

On topic, this is a known issue.

How should I refer to Gears of Dreadland equipment?

As for the naming issue…

It’s apparently been resolved for US servers, but remains outstanding for EU and Asia servers.

I see what you mean. Blizzard is notorious for mistakes like these over the years in their wording and descriptions on equipment. I’m going to say it’s a reference to gears and sprockets as one would see in a steam punk like theme (which is what the set looks like).

I may be giving the creators too much credit though :wink:

Good catch!

True but i only test it with Gears of Dreadland thats why i said gears, anyway.

Did the OP make the mistake or did Blizzard?

The Set is called: Gears of Dreadlands.

What kind of “Gears”?

The words Gear and Equipment have no plural form when referring to items you use for a function or event: Job, camping, to battle, etc.

If you have 1 piece of Armor, that is your Gear or Equipment. If you have 100 pieces of Armor, that is your Gear or Equipment.

The only time the plural form of gear is used is when referring to parts of a machine, clock, etc: The gears of a clock. The gears in a machine. The gears in a standard shift automobile, which I guess is a machine.

The way I read the OP, I believe they meant to say: “Armory doesn’t save or load our” [gear]. (Any Set or any build).

One could abbreviate the Gears of Dreadlands Set as simply “Gears”, just like Embodiment of the Marauder’s is sometimes referred to as “Marauder’s”. But, if you were referring to the Gears of Dreadlands and supporting items you have equipped, you would say:

• “This is my gear.” Or
  • “This is my Dreadlands gear.”
  • You could even say: “This is my Gears gear.”  

Final note:
I understand that English is not the native language of many players who visit here. So, I usually give everyone the benefit of the doubt in these matters.

Then, I was wrong. My apologies. Your use of “gears” in the OP is correct.

LOL, okay…sure. :wink:

same issue… new gear set have ‘—’ name… And if I save a change to an old set (with a good name), the same is modified to —

really annoying !

This bug is present still 2 days.

Hello,

I was redirected here from email support.
Sorry, I couldn’t see how to make my own new post.
However, the topics seem to be related.
My D3 profile is “unavailable” and yet my status is in fact active.

I ran a Greater Rift yesterday and got new gear I equipped.
So I guess this is a bug, and it would be great to be fixed, as I actually use my D3 profile in my online presence such as social media.
I think this bug appeared in concert with the new season, if I remember correct.

Thanks and all the best,
Yashasvi

This website has bugs.

The URL that is trying to take you to your Armory Profile is:

https://us.diablo3.com/en-us/profile/Yashasvi-1829/hero/114270121

Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. When it does not work, add blizzard. between diablo3. and com. The modified URL will be:

https://us.diablo3.blizzard.com/en-us/profile/Yashasvi-1829/hero/114270121

Which takes you here:

And yes. This thread is about a different, in-game, issue.

The underlying issue with being unable to name Armoury saves is being addressed today…

1 Like