Armory "Forgets" Socketed Gems

When sharing the same gem between multiple characters, the Armory might remove them from builds you stored.

In the demonstration below I simulate a situation where both my Monk and my Necromancer use “Zei’s Stone of Vengeance”, and I “forget” it on my Monk. I saved a build that uses the gem on the Necromancer, placed it in the Monk’s inventory, and the build was “ruined” (available as a 140 seconds long video too):
https://imgur.com/a/loKlpfA

As you can realize, this bug is commonly encountered by every player who actively plays on multiple characters, and is not limited to legendary gems, but is experienced less frequently as it’s trivial to acquire a large quantity of max-level normal gems.

1 Like

Really? That seems very surprising to me. I never encounter this particular bug since I always keep a level 0 gem of each type in my stash.

I am not sure how other players deal with Urshi giving them new level 0 gems in every GR if they do not have one of that type.

Do they drop the new gem back on the ground after each GR? Sell it to the vendor?
Do they selectively pick up all the items on the ground and leave the new gem on the ground?

That seems like a lot of hassle to me, so I just keep one extra of each gem in my stash so she stops dropping them. This solves the problem you illustrated above, I think.

Do most other players really not do this?

There’s also another way to trigger this bug by a different mechanism that should be fairly common among players and will happen reliably even if you have multiples of every gem.

It has to do with sharing jewelry between characters.

I have multiples of every gem and this bug still happens to me all the time.

If you log onto a character with a piece of jewelry that is in one of their armory builds with a gem socketed in it but you moved the ring/amulet to a different character, it is temporarily ‘missing’ from their armory. Then if you put it back in your stash, the armory ‘remembers’ the ring/amulet again but it forgets what gem was inside.

E.g. moving an Avarice Band I use in multiple T16 builds to my DH then moving it back to my stash. Wizard armory forgets there was a Boon of the Hoarder socketed in it.

Step 1: wizard armory profile with Avarice Band + Boon of the Hoarder socketed

Step 2: move Avarice Band to DH

Step 3: log back onto wizard, Avarice Band is ‘missing’ from wizard armory build

Step 4: put Avarice Band back in stash and check again, Avarice band is back in wizard armory build but the gem is ‘forgotten’

2 Likes

Is it 2 separate bugs, then? One bug that causes the armory to forget the gem when the piece of jewellery is on another hero, even if the gem is not missing?

And another bug that causes the armory to forget the gem when the gem is missing, but not the item?

I guess I don’t play multiple classes with shared Jewellery as much as I used to.

I’m guessing it’s related to the same core underlying mechanic, with two different observed ‘bugs’.

I’m not holding my breath for a fix though, it’s a minor annoyance at best. Probably not very high on the priority list.

2 Likes

Fantastic post and explanation of what has been happening for many seasons. Incredibly annoying bug that has me constantly trying to remember which legendary gems were where when you have multiple characters sharing equipment.

This has been happening to me for many seasons as I often have DH and Monk and they share some of the rings/amulets and even if I strip those items before switching characters, including removing the gems from the items the character I switch to will not have any of the legendary gems in the armory setups. It seems like nobody gives a crap about fixing this as its been this way for years now.