Armory and paragon point save

I was curious of the reasoning for Armory not supporting Paragon and found my way to a reddit post which seems to cover the topic quite well… a comment by OakFern.

The assumption in the linked commentary seems to be that either newly allocated points are unallocated or Armory has to not support Paragon and that the decision comes down to choosing the lesser evil (least negative impact to players).

An alternate solution occurred to me while reading.

Scenario: An Armory save is done at 1000P, then the player levels to 1200P while putting together a different build that lacks toughness so moves 50 paragon points from Mainstat to Vitality along with the extra 200P that goes into Vitality.

The player saves the new build at 1200P, then Equips the 1000P build to hero.

With that, 200P remains in vitality (when the player remembers, its at their discretion to reallocate and resave or not), and the 1000P Armory save restores just the 1000P of paragon allocation at the time of saving, including restoring the 50P to Mainstat.

The player can flip back and forward between the 1000P / 1200P Armory saves and everything is in it’s place.

Does this adequately address the balance of compromises or have I overlooked an important case that would be a pain?

An alternative is to roll with the unallocate unspent points at the time of the 1000P, retrigger the Notifications star on the Paragon tab and player spends the paragon and resaves the Armory set.

Either of these seem better than having to remember paragon settings when switching armory sets which is the current do nothing approach.

I had a solution to this that can work.

All paragon sections have a limit of 50 except mainstat and vitality. Once a player reaches 700 paragon, they could have 50 points in every category except mainstat and vitality. At this point, allow the player to designated which stat receives the paragon automatically. This would require a toggle switch next to those two stats. Say I had 1100 paragon and wanted 50 points in vit and the rest in mainstat; I would manually set my vit to 50 and then enable the toggle switch to spend all remaining points on mainstat. If I had a different build that I wanted 200 points in vit, I would manually set 200 points in vit. The toggle switch enabled for mainstat would then spend all remaining points in mainstat.

This approach would essentially save all points spent except the designated stat that gets points automatically spent on.

This would appease 99% of the playerbase as far as being able to save paragons in the armory. It would also auto spend your paragon points as you earned them.

All viable solutions. I wonder why they chose not to do anything or if they will consider choosing one of these that works for them to implement.