Are we talking about saving non ladder online chars from D2 to D2R, and if not, lets start

hey guys. I have been a longtime player. And I would really like my Barbarians (As I only play barbarians) To transfer to diablo 2 R On battle.net. I got one level 90 and one 86 and I have been keeping them alive for years. I never botted or anything and they all got great gear.

They have always been so dear to me and i have kept them alive… I mean If I cant play as them in d2 R… It would be a sad time because their gear each is absolutely twinked out… Also… I think I had a dream that diablo 2 R would happen which is also a reason why I kept them all this time. I figured somehow they could get a new life. They are truly my prized possessions. And its not like they are ladder anymore but they were and have top ladder gear too. I was on the ladder a couple times with them.

I know single player characters will cross over, but what about the people that played diablo for a long time like me… True love went into making my barbs. I simply cant part with them. Maybe we could all discuss more about crossing over Our battle.net Characters.

In my humble opinion I believe we should be able to keep any existing characters and reserve on non ladder. As not to intervene with competition for example. You know Us Non ladder players just like to relax and play our old chars :slight_smile: All that time doing baal and sanctuary runs must count for something too! Thank you.

BY the way my D2 accounts are Smokescreen and Champion USWEST

3 Likes

TBH I really hope you cant import old online character to D2R, the amount of bots and hacking will just ruin the game again. While you didnt cheat many who did will join and destroy the new game.

Heck you can even farm D2 after D2R release get the stuff and import the save to D2R.

I think this would be the dumbest idea ever. But really whats the point of importing your already buffed up character in D2R the point is to actually replay the game

6 Likes

I would never want anything produced in the previous market to carry over to the new game. This is literally a fresh start for everything, those characters aren’t even high :slight_smile: No offense, if your highest is 90 you really can’t have very much gear unless you traded on [redacted trading side] or something. Certainly hard to justify allowing such a bloated uncontrolled market to be transferred into a fresh one.

Allowing you to switch that online battle.net character into a offline character would work well for you if your just worried about those items.

1 Like

Since D2 and D2: R are going to be two separate games and on two separate Battle.net’s then it is only logical to start new on D2: R! As far as single player offline mode/open Battle.net then it’s fine that they are making it to where you can import your D2 single player characters to D2: R single player offline mode/open Battle.net since it has nothing to do with online Battle.net. Also, the original D2 and Battle.net 1.0 will still be up so any online characters from D2 will still be preserved as long as you keep your account active before the 3 month inactive period.

If anything, they should allow us to import them into single player so that we can import them in to D2: R single player.

4 Likes