Are we getting an update to PTR today?

We’ve now identified several problems with the PTR and Blizzard has only addressed a few of them (the AotD Necro and Monk bells). Again, we’re treated like mushrooms – covered in manure and left in the dark – by Blizzard. A little communication would be nice.

Here’s a partial list of issues that need to be addressed

1. Storm Armor spamming needs to be fixed
  2. Angelic Crucibles need to give ancient/primal stats
  3. Drop rate for Petrified Screams should be increased to compensate for the nerf. I’m P1050 and have yet to see a single PS drop in game play
  4. Massive lag from Locust Swarm on Gargantuans
  5. Improved wizard sets are still being massively outdone by Firebirds with MM crucibles.
  6. Angelic items don’t work correctly with the wardrobe (just found this one on my Barbarian)
  7. Problem with Akkhan’s and CDR (PTR Bug Akkhan’s 4pc)

Come on Blizzard, please give us a clue about what you plan on addressing before this thing goes live.

Update: Blizzard has announced the PTR will be updated “the week of July 25th and extended to Aug 8th.”

3 Likes

You mean Petrified Screams

Yeah… Primal Scream is the sound I make when the primal I find is yet another Cluckeye or Blackthorne’s chest piece.

6 Likes

If yer a Barb It’s a… Primal Scream and Shout (epic musical reference)

I found the ZDPS Wiz quite funny.

But WD sanctified powers needs so much rework, same as DH

1 Like

If i have to guess it’s comeing whit in the next 4 hours.

typically, it’s around 1-2 pm PST, so yep around 3-4 hours from now.

1 Like

Tic Toc… this thread needs more cowbell :cow: :bell:

Maybe tomorrow then?

My guess is they’re frantically trying to find a way to fix the Storm Armor problem and haven’t found a way that doesn’t somehow mess things up even worse.

2 Likes

So much for doing PTR testing on my day off then.

the launcher has downtime tomorrow at 20th at 1pm pst

That’s for NA and EU regions on the live servers. PTR doesn’t get that kind of notice in launcher.

I think they have bigger fish to fry. To me that would probably be the easiest fix of all the other issues. You simply just make it so you have to have storm armor passively on and not actively cast. The whole active cast thing never made sense to begin with since it’s a set and forget skill.

Tomorrow / Thursday would still give us another 4-5 days of testing, not bad considering we’ll be all set up and not have to waste time re-leveling things.

Oh, I admit it SHOULD be an easy fix. But this is Blizzard we’re talking about so some good-natured ribbing and dissing of their ability to do things right is required. Heh.

Regardless if they fix it or not, it demonstrates a huge flaw in the thinking of creating the powers. No class should have had a power that outright kills enemies, even if there was a cooldown.

I was hoping for a patch today

Just wanted to give a note on this: there may be something going on like the Screams going into the same loot pool as the Crucibles, or something like that. If I remember right, something like that happened in Season 25, where Hellforge Embers and Ramaladni’s gifts were in the same pool, leading to considerably fewer Gifts showing up than was usual.

Not saying this is how it ought to be, just that something of this sort may be happening.

In season 26, I am 1900 paragon and have found ~50 Screams so far, so for you to have zero at 1100P definitely doesn’t seem right.

2 Likes

1100 ptr and 1900 season doesn’t sound like a large difference, but it is. On PTR you get perfect gear after the first GR. Instantly boosting you to 130s for farming.

Getting to 1100 paragon on ptr is roughtly 28 130 GRs. Getting to 1900 on season is roughly 605 GRs. So 21.6 times less. And 28 is such a small sample size that it could fit into just being unlucky. On average if your numbers are the average he should have seen 2, but that’s not how numbers work.

I’ve had a season start before that on the first 2 days I got no Ramaladi’s gift drops at all. Got pitied by a friend who came and helped and gave me one though on the first day. I ended up playing till 900 paragon till I got my first gift as a drop. It’s all RNG, why am sort of concerned about the low drop rate of Angelic Crucible, because if unlucky you might need 100s of them to get ancient with the right power and stats.

In season 26, I am at 1700 paragon and have found roughly 25 -ish Petrifying Screams fo far.