Are Trust Level 3 Requirements Too High?

Thanks for trying to be helpful. The toolbar button actually works. I always use the quote one! :frowning:

Being a HOTS regular I know that breaking it works - albeit inconvenient for the reader, you can’t just select, right click, open link new tab:

h ttps://i.imgur.com/zW8KYy5.jpg

As for the picture, there is no such key on my keyboard :slight_smile:
It’s Alt-Gr + 7 (Ctrl+Alt+7): test
The wave is Alt-Gr + 1 here, by the way (~).
You can imagine is a programmer, my Alt-Gr key is the most used key with all those parentheses. :smiley:

By free text I really just meant that. A quoted link is more emphasized than simple text. Being clickable is a different animal, and it requires effort by the forum engine.

2 Likes

I think adding a “+” (or other symbol) in front is more user-friendly than a space inside the link:
+https://i.imgur.com/zW8KYy5.jpg

1 Like

Then why not use the toolbar button. If a user cannot post clickable links, I prefer selecting the URL, right-clicking it and clicking “Open Link in New Tab” rather than copy/pasting extra stuff to my clipboard.

But, in your example above, the viewer can’t do that, as you pointed out. So, just because you can’t be bothered with clicking a button on the toolbar, you decide to make things difficult for your intended readers.

I don’t know why you would want do that. :confused:

I would love to see a system like this implemented against clans abd communities in game.

You are right, just because I keep forgetting. Probably not anymore now that we discussed it in depth :wink:
There are two side by side buttons: a quote and a tag. This thing looks like a quote in raw text and uses the tag glyph (with a “preformatted text” tooltip). The other one is the block quote using a quote glyph and looking like a paragraph in a box. Just not 100% straightforward and I didn’t figure it out.

Again, thanks.

I hope you understand that I’m not trying to tell you what to do. But, when I post in these forums, I want to make it easy and clear for the readers. Even if it means I have to select some text (or code) and click an extra button.

(You should see what some of us are going through to create charts and guides over on my Perusoe’s Testing Grounds thread). :laughing:

No problem. Glad to help whenever I can. :+1:

1 Like

Wow that’s super lame, that’s like taking away paragons for taking a vacation, I hope they change that.

2 Likes

I’m EU, but don’t even look over there anymore, as those forums look abandoned. To be honest, for me most important things are the PTR forums when they are up, and they are here anyway.

Why not “merge” EU forums here, in a way that you get a subforum for EU players? Same for other (mainly english speaking/written) regions?

2 Likes

That is not a horrible idea actually. There would have to be a subforum for EU though, that way EU players could talk and perhaps form groups to play together and so on.

read 20k posts? I doubt I did that on the old forums and I was there for a long time :slight_smile:

Yeah, like AUS/NZ forums are already here.

I understand there might be issues with all the different language sub-forums that go on in EU, but still, most relevant info is on US forums anyway and it’s kinda “weird” that you can have one “status” over in EU, and another here on US forums.

That’s because, if I’m not mistaken, Australia and New Zealand are assigned to the Americas Region by default. Europe is a separate Region.

I do think it would be nice if there was just one D3 Forums for players from all Regions. But, I’m guessing that would be difficult to implement.

That would need to be discussed… in a separate conversation, for sure… and probably on the EU forums.

I think the EU Tech Support forum should stay on the EU forums… EU English player do not (or only barely) use the “Community Creations” sub-forum whereas that sub-forum is being used for recruiting and “looking for a clan” messages on the French forum.

It might make some sense to move the EU English forum here, but I doubt very much you could sell that idea to the German, French, Italian, Spanish, Polish and Russian players… I certainly would object. It may come as a surprise to you, but not everyone speaks English… nor want to… nor are comfortable enough in English to discuss various subjects.

2 Likes

You know the difference between trust and active. We have members here who accumulated 3-4k posts in the old forum. They were as active as mice in a cheese factory or granary .

Trust comes into play when you follow all the nit-picky rules Bliz has loaded their forums with. With the way my mind works it’s really easy for me to stray into gray areas when it comes to sticking to a thread topic. It’s also no small task to keep all your posts so politically correct that you don’t pick up an occasional flag from somebody who’s either having a bad day, is easily offended, or makes it his/her business to prowl the forums with a couple different accounts, making sure to place flags on people who might be trying to get to, or retain T3 status.

I’d tend to trust an honest T2 more than a T3 who becomes a “self appointed moderator,” or forum cop by judicious placement of flags to keep a thumb on top of fellow forum users he may just not like. The way some members here acted towards the guy with 5 accounts filled with DH’s. No thread he ever started ever went without large numbers of thumbs down and negative comments towards his thoughts.

Sure hope this didn’t stray into the gray area I mentioned.

2 Likes

This is actually a very valid point that I did not initially consider. :blue_heart:

Except with these new D3 Forums, wrongfully flagging someone is an infraction in itself. As we’ve been told: Use flags wisely.

1 Like

Deliberate misreporting of posts was always an infraction. It’s covered in the Code of Conduct’s Spamming or Trolling section.

2 Likes

Well sure, we’re supposed to use flags wisely, but when you have a half dozen accounts it would be pretty easy to make an impact and still appear to be using your flags wisely. As has been mentioned by people both older and more trecherous than I, “Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance.”

Yeah, but Blizzard can see who is using more than one account to sock puppet or abuse reports.

1 Like

Seems to me TL3 is about right. I’m not quite sure why the work to maintain it is all that important.