Are there no atk spd breakpoints for EA, CA, Chakram?

While I was meddling M6 CA build on d3planner, I noticed not just CA, but also EA, Chakram not showing atk spd breakpoints. Sure, attack speed is not the stat that will break certain builds, but what I find odd was that, IcyVeins suggests atk spd on weapon. I tend to trust d3planner more than IcyVeins, but one of our member, top DH, in his N6M4 vid, he also has atk spd on weapon. When I tested in-game using Manticore (1.1 - 1.18 atk spd) and a bow (1.4 atk spd), there does seem to be slight change in casting speed for all of them (CA, EA, Chakram).

So is d3planner wrong in this? I have yet to see certain skills’ casting speed being based on weapon attack speed, but not having its own atk spd breakpoints, so, was curious.

edit: huh. after further testing, CA at least, does cast faster with more attack speed you have. d3planner seem to be wrong/incomplete afterall.

1 Like

That just looks to be a bug/oversight on the d3planner site. It could be that the coder who made the d3planner site did not have the data for the breakpoints for those skills at the time they made it.

The skills you mentioned do indeed have breakpoints due to animation speed rounding to the nearest number of frames. If you visit the old https://dhcalc.dawg6.com/dhcalc/ calculator (which hasn’t been updated to work since season 17), you can see the breakpoints tab at the bottom.

While this data appears to be pertaining to 2.6.5, I don’t think there were any changes to the skills that would have changed the breakpoints. It appears that Elemental Arrow BPs = Cluster Arrow BPs = Multishot BPs, so you can just use the Multishot BPs in the d3planner site for those in the meantime. Similarly, it appears that Chakram BPs = Grenade BPs, so you can also find the Chakram BPs that way.

2 Likes

1 Like