Arcane Orb balance check

It would be interesting if you could do something like Black Hole and then Orb over it, causing a string of mini explosions. Probably Explosive Blast fits it better. I just like the idea of firework chain reactions.

No worries, it’s merely a matter of different opinions. Personally I don’t necessarily care how they would go about it, so long as the end result is that the other runes are buffed so that they are closer to Frozen Orb’s power.

That said, I doubt it’d be that detrimental of an experience for new players if certain skills dealt more damage than others. If that should be a cause for worry, then I could say that legendary items with massive damage multipliers shouldn’t drop as it can be detrimental to a newer player if found, however I won’t necessarily since Diablo 3 doesn’t have much emphasis on the journey aspect of leveling.

If anything nerfing the Frozen Orb rune, and then buffing the legendary items would be more detrimental, as that would result in players with amazing ancients or primals of said items needing to farm again in order to get updated versions. And that is far more time consuming (dependent on mats of course) than simply leveling from 1-70.

Now once again, I’m not against buffing the items at all. Just saying that buffing the skill via the runes isn’t much of an issue if the issue lies in the leveling process, considering how short and little there is to it already. Then again, I might be bias towards helping the other runes, because I’d like to (despite how unlikely it may be at this point in time) see some of those other runes actually redesigned.

1 Like

I see it the same way.

It is just that I prefer to regularly remind people of that, so that people don’t get the idea I am attacking them or being aggressive / pushy about certain issues, when in fact I am more casual about them, because there are some people who assume that you are or want to be their enemy if you don’t share their views, so I adopted this rhetorical behavior.

The counter argument for that is, that it only would really effect people who are only / mostly playing non-season.

Another counter argument could be that it potentially could make balancing LoD builds more difficult if one skill gets buffed by several legendaries and also by higher amounts, while with another skill it is different, since in the past legendaries often get balanced around sets.

But Iagree that it is better to rebalance and redesigine some of Arcane Orbs runes, even if it means buffing all of them except Frozen Orb, rather than nothing being done, even though I prefer a nerf to Frozen Orb.

1 Like

Like Disintegrate you mean?

Disintegrate is soooo good for levelling. It falls off once you get to 70 and start getting multipliers for other skills, but Disintegrate is actually a pretty overpowered skill for new players.

In the end, it ultimately doesn’t matter. New players level a bit faster, but once you hit level 70 it’s really the balance with gear bonuses that matters. Disintegrate falls off because nothing buffs it enough to make it a primary damage dealer in common builds, so it doesn’t really matter that it’s overpowered at low levels.

2 Likes