Application encountered an unexpected error

Hi,

I installed the AMD Adrenalin software onto my laptop that has an AMD Radeon 530

However when now trying to run D3 I get the below code on the error (this changes each time though…)

7AE411BF-970A-421F-AD0D-94924A716EEF

I’ve tried deleting battle net cache etc…

Any ideas?

https://community.amd.com/thread/239901 Hello , check out if this link can help you , maybe another Adrenalin version could work better than the one you
got at the moment

Just tried downgrading to 19.5.2 and it’s made no difference :frowning:

That long code is just an index to your crash in the Blizzard CS database… the code does not mean anything to the community and it can only be used by Blizzard CS folks.

Would you please create a DxDiag report and post it here… the steps to create the DxDiag report are shown here (2nd part of the support article). Once you have created the report, copy-paste it in your reply, then highlight it all and click the </> button on the formatting bar at the top of the reply window.

DxDiag was too large to paste here, so see https ://pastebin.com/RpTKYfvR (remove the space)

If I reboot the laptop, D3 will start but running on the Intel HD620, if I then start AMD Settings to make sure that D3 is set to run under Switchable Graphics, D3 will then fail, and een removing it from switchable graphics, it still fails :frowning:

Do you have something plugged in via USB that has a display? I’m asking because the Desktop Windows Manager is reporting a crash, and so is the Dell Support Assistant. I’m wondering if Windows is trying to display the game on the USB device, defaulting to the integrated card, or something like that.

Yes, I also have a Dell DisplayLink adapter which is a USB device allowing an additional 2 screens. D3 always wants to start on one of these, other than unplugging which is not really doable due to it also being a USB hub for my mouse, keyboard and network, is it possible to force D3 to start on a specific monitor?

EDIT:

got it working, after typing the above I thought about it, and set my laptop monitor to be my primary, which means D3 starts on here, and now also runs using the Radeon :slight_smile:

Thanks all for the hints!!

1 Like

I was just about to suggest this when I read your edit.

I’m glad you got it working. :beer: