AoV Guide 2.6.7

1 If area damage works, how can other stats be “better”??

2 What do you mean with “area damage doesn’t work with Shield of Fury”? The shield stacks the bonus damage on the first target hit, as stricken does. So you are saying that the bonus damage on ONE target doesn’t get propagated to the others? That’s not a lot of damage anyway.
So maybe AD is not worth it for this reason?
So are we talking of a strictly Elite hunting build??

The shield does not work like stricken at all. Stricken stacks on the closest target (in case of AOE attack) on an internal CD based on the APS of that particular attack on one target. Shield of Fury however stacks on everything you hit with heavens fury simultaneously with no internal cooldown.

2 Likes

Nm, figured it out. I was being stupid.

It’s kinda misleading cause you can only get 1 shield of fury stack per hit even if 3 rays hit.

You misunderstood. That sentence applies to shield of fury stacks not stricken.

Woops. I meant shield of fury stacks. I’ll edit my post.

There is also a craftable 1h flail called “Golden Scourge”. It can roll 20% holy damage and has 1.4 attack speed. The only problem is it wastes an affix on a smite proc.

I dont know how you guys can keep 100% Akkarat uptime.

Even with the best rolls, I get about 5-10 seconds outside akkarat.

@Astig
How many is your CDR?

64.01% with two hander.

Oh wait… if I use one-hander, I can keep it almost always up. (passive + faster zodiac procs).

OR maybe I kept using all other skills too much.

I had earlier 63.92% with one-hander and without Gogok and it was goodly to play (ofc I was playing with Gogok). Currently I can even easily always up Akarat with 66%+ CDR and then without Gogok in play. So here’s the your problem.

I think its my effing playstyle that is the problem… x( I am trying to learn how the experts do it - alternating AC with Iron Skin for the toughness to get better result.

Meantime: I switched to a less CDR setup, the lazy shotgun build (blessed ground rune) and interestingly, even with much less CDR, and less AC uptime, I can push better?

ADD: So I replaced COE with Justice Lantern and was pushing better? or maybe just had better map? This Lazy Shotgun build is interesting! So much FUN!

The AOC build problem is not damage, but toughness.

Never understood why the tank class get the short stick on DR. Band of might get a fat 80% DR , Justice lantern is 55% of block chance. It’s basically useless unless you invested in block chance , and even so weaker then what other class has.

But to be fair, only sader has extra cheat death in AC. Without extra gear, it gives big Armor, resource Regen, decent damage and a chest death. Barb need a bracer to get DR and Damage but still do not have cheat death.

Anyway the damage is so huge I feel bad often in pub games. I feel like shouldering the dps in elites but without horsy, super slow and often last to arrived at kill scenes