AoV Guide 2.6.7

I like travellers because it gives me 50% DR while I’m running around gathering density. Then when I start firing I get 100% damage increase, and my LoH/LpK can keep me alive.

I tried stone gauntlets but I would freeze often. Even when I’m frozen and I pop Akarat’s Champion or Iron Skin there is still a delay before I regain full mobility.

What you think using Stone Gauntlet in Cube paired with Invigorating gem to negate it’s debuff instead of Esoteric gem could work? (Not really have a lot of gems leveled up as lately playing D3 again).
At lower paragon, around 1K, sometimes I struggle to staying alive and for this build is best to stand in the crowd.

it works pretty well as you only need a lvl 25 Invigorating gem. However i find eso + Aquila to be more effective at staying alive.

2 Likes

Have you tested and found the lowest FPA that stutter stepping is possible? I am testing out Echoing Fury as well.

If I could stutter step more readily even without EF stacks, keeping up skills would be so smooth with zodiac. Could be very valuable against ST RG as well.

With a 2 hander I can hit 28 FPA without Hasteful vs single target. 27 or lower would require Hasteful, or rely on density for PE stacks.

The stutter stepping FPA is based on your attack speed so i’ve never tested dynamic attack speeds AKA Echoing Fury. With a 1H 100 ms delay for force move at 2.2 - 2.6 IAS works magical and with a 2H I found similar results at 1.9- 2.1 & 120 ms delay for force move.

1 Like

How the hell do you keep wrath up on the shotgun variant? I almost failed a GR130 yesterday, becuase I kept running out of wrath on the RG. Suppose running a two hand variant will preserve wrath some what.

I couldn’t see much on the video duo to low quality but it seemed in one video you just attacked normally where in the other you just stutter stepped. The stutter step animation canceling actually is way worse for stacking shield of fury than the normal attack. From my testing a lot of the times you are actually not stacking shield of fury at all. So the reason kill times seems similar would be the difference in shield of fury stacks.

Best result occurs when you stack shield of fury with normal attacks and stutter step during Holy cycle of COE for maximum throughput.

1 Like

Thank you for the info!

Combined with the Pain Enhancer stacks, when at ~16 FPA Echoing Fury feels amazing. The snowball or domino as Echoing Fury is stacked up feels similar to when I play Vyr. I’ll see If I can upload a clip at some point.

Based on your suggested range, I tested the following FPA breakpoints with my 2h setup and Hasteful vs single target (no EF) and found the following:

• 28 FPA: I could not produce a steady stutter step. Irregular, and not as fluid for me. Notably, Attainable without Hasteful vs single target.
  • 27 FPA: Highest FPA that I could produce a steady stutter step. Reasonably fluid.
  • 26 FPA: About the same as 27 FPA, but easier to maintain.
  • 25 FPA: Feels very fluid. Best performer by far, but definitely the hardest to attain, gear and skills wise.

However, None of the above matters that much because I can’t survive a GR in a push with Hasteful anyway!

This is notable for 2h setups though, because means if you want to opt for AS say, on quad glove or ring to be able to hit the noted 27 FPA quicker (less PE stacking), you can.

Disclaimer to other readers: My experiences in testing are based on my own performance. Feel free to perform your own testing.

2 Likes

It truly resembles Imperius’ weapon indeed.
And after watching Imperius vs Diable cutscene, AoV is correct to buff Heaven’s Fury. It ought to have Falling Sword too as that was how Imperius moves around.

The title of the thread doesn’t exclude a pure FoTH build. So I’m feeling free to add this:

For those who wants to play a pure AoV FoTH version in season 19 or cannot find some essential shot gun items, but a darklight and the corresponding belt, early season:

You can already do GR109+ with just approx. 10,500 mainstat in a not too toxic GR with this setup:

https://www.d3planner.com/229843388 (export of my char)

I successfully did a GR109 today (non season without the S19 theme buff) after some attempts, but just due to some really bad GR RNG:

Proof:
https://abload.de/img/d32.6.7crusaderfothnsk1knz.png

Char & Stats:
https://abload.de/img/d32.6.7crusaderfoth10f6jw9.png

I do miss 50% CDH on each of the rings (Better: Zodiac in Cube), don’t have 10 % CDC on the shield and there’s still room for min/maxing stats like early in the season.

I killed Orlash in a narrow floor in 1:12 without a COE. Almost died 2-3 times. I hate him as a fun casual noob.

It’s a very fast attacking build. (3.5 APS+) Therefore only attack Elites if you can guarantee 5 stacks of Echoying Fury during the time trying to kill them. Try to have Life on Hit or Life on Wrath consumed on your weapon. Laws of Valor: Unstoppable Force gives us 50 % less Wrath cost and therefore another ~50% damage reduction because of the Crimson set.

Use Condemn: Vacuum to pull mobs and Shield Glare: Uncertainty on cooldown to let half of the mobs be fighting for you :stuck_out_tongue: Often 80-90 % don’t attack you. You can cancel firechains with it. Because one or two of the elites fight for you. So fun!

Just keep in mind that the best situation for you is with nothing behind and the mobs in front of you. Do not stack Fissures at the same location! Try to put them around your target, but definitely within a 8 yard range from it, to maximize the fissure and arc damage (not stacking) and even get the initial blast damage. Do kiting in dangerous situations or stand still if possible, to get more value from Endless Walk.

There’s lots of versions of this build. This one is quite tanky and fun! :wink: You feel like a cat that have several lifes. I sticked with this version after trying out some things. I just wanted to know how far i can push it as someone with very low progress. I could do a GR110, also, but then it starts to become fishy. Too lazy to do so. Better getting more ancients and more than two 100 str gems now…

If you don’t play on a very slow MacBook 12’’ 2017 with an Intel M3 and minimum settings like me, you may go even higher :stuck_out_tongue:

So! Have Fun! :slight_smile:

Noticed, FotH generates wrath on some RG and not on others. Not sure if this is a bug.

Trying to improve gear, but in the last few days I see very low dps numbers, not even reaching 1 Billion.

‘d3planner/789281476’ - around 150 Billion
‘d3planner/642199408’ - around 135 Millions only

Is this because the SoF nerf? But it would effect all the plan, not just later generated?
I have seen some 9 Billion dps earlier for my build. Profile is under Kobor#2576
What I have seen, the Ring of Royal grandeur was not imported, need to set it manually all the time.
I know lot of improvements need on gears, working on them, but somethings is very off here now I missed?

The SoF in the second profile link doesn’t have any legendary text/abilities on it. How long ago did you get that drop? Also not seeing text/effect on your ORotZ. Not sure if website bug or your actual gear is missing it, but those 2 things are definitely contributing to the number difference you’re referencing (fixing the SoF alone was about a 8x HF damage increase).

Next would be the Endless Walk set giving you 100% more damage. Everything else is just min/maxing your gear for ancients and ideal stats.

Thank you very much finding the problem on those two items missing the Legendary effect. They should have been some Armory bug, last week numbers were ok.

Area Damage is contributing for this spells (build), or better to reforge from them?

In comparing top AoV builds, how much worse is the “blessed ground” version (FotF worn, ivory tower, ECT.) vs the “manual shotgun” version (fires of Heaven, pigsticker)?

I MUCH prefer the blessed ground version, and don’t mind being a few GR’s behind, but don’t know how much of an actual difference it is. Playing solo push, not RGK.

Thanks!

I would reforge, area damage doesn’t work with Shield of Fury.

That is incorrect. AD works on Heavens Fury. However there are better stats AKA CDR and also RCR (damage reduction with Captain Crimson’s set) you could get on the gear over AD.

2 Likes

Cratic or Rob tested it, you can probably find the videos on twitch. Area damage is not multiplied by Shield of Fury which means it’s 7x less effective than it should be. It’s not 100% useless but as you said there are better stats to get.

Ive been thinking of useing this, its got great attack speed. What are you full thoughts on it?