AoV Feeling like a Glass Cannon

Does anyone remove their vitality when they have the chance like their gloves and shoulders? It makes really glassy in the GR125. Was curious if anyone else makes up the missing vitality by adding paragon points. I asked around in game and people say they never add vitality points. Even with the AoV 50% reduction and the stone gaunlet 250%, I constantly have to re-position or else I die.

You can try Lazy Shotgun build ( Ivory Tower shield + Blessed Ground ). There is a guy on the US ladder who downed 140 seasonal with that build at just ~1700 paragon ( with Unity, Esoteric Alteration, Justice Lantern etc. a lot of thoughness, but judging by the result damage is still ok ).

it should be perfectly fine to add points to vita via paragon.

Did it myself (absolute casual tho). Whenever i had the feeling that damage wasnt a problem at all but the toughness was, ive checked my HP and addressed that.

Mostly being around 600-800k felt okay to me (pushed up to 123, solo, season, eu)

DH got Elusive Ring
Barb got Band of Might (which is effing big time)
Monk got Crystal Fist or that Soliloquy shoulder
Wiz got Arlyse
WD… got the cat thing
Nec, I dont know
But Um… what does Sader have for DR?

Sader, Nerco, WD have the shirt stick when it comes to DR gears for sure.

Howabout the four piece bonus, the 150% extra armor from Akarat’s champ and a cheat death every twenty seconds (or less depending on cool down)??

Oh… and doesn’t the crusader have the same 30% melee damage reduction as the barb and the monk?

Having a 30% DR given passive that others also have is not what you called special. Comparing the ALTs in detail:

Akarat’s Champion

Prophet
> Gain 150% additional Armor while Akarat’s Champion is active.
> The first time you take fatal damage while Akarat’s Champion is active, you will be returned to full health.

Wrath of the Berserker

Striding Giant (although barbs will choose Insanity than this rune)
> Reduce all damage taken by 50%.

Epiphany

Desert Shroud
> Infuse yourself with sand, reducing damage taken by 50%.

I admit you are right about AC Prophecy having the unique ability to cheat death every 20 seconds (which is big) that others don’t have. And 150% Armor is slightly better than 50%DR as well given by the other class’ alts.

Nonetheless, there are no Sader specific DR items. Stone Gauntlet nor Aquila does not count as others can use that too.

However, perhaps the Sader is more skilled, or just have a much bigger effing stick to hit with and don’t need DR. THAT is something I can’t argue against…

It’s special compared to WD, wizard and necromancer at least.

The idea of rerolling off vitality, is that you can put paragon points back into it. You cannot, however, use paragon points to buy +heaven’s fury damage, or cooldown, etc…

1 Like

Just tried out new Monk set in group and died a lot in 100+ runs. Gear is basic, no Ancient, nothing special yet (PL 1.2K).
Seen 2 Barbs constantly standing in Fire,Posion/Laser without even dropping their HP. I don’t know how they did it, but it was so different from Crusader or Monk.

Barb got Band of Might which gives them 80% DR.
Even if you equip Monk with Lefebvre Soliloquy and Aquila, you only gain additional 75% DR.

Simply put: Band of Might is the single most OP DR item for GR. (Goldwrap does not work in GR).

1 Like

Necro has the shortest stick for sure.

WD over reliance on Soul harvest and probably the worst gameplay to get DR, lose stack against RG on death and force to have soul harvester.

However wiz has a lot of DR gears and fancy shields, almost invincible with Archon.

1 Like