Anyone who is cheating in the alpha should be preemptive banned forever

i am not talking about duping.

that was a found bug and followed the rules of alpha testing…

i am talking about people who actually cheated and went beyond act 2. or used any of the other characters outside of the approved 3 (sorc, zon, barb)

these people did not test alpha… they hacked the game. and need to be banned.

they broke the rules and need to be punished

1 Like

On the contrary, that’s exactly the point of alpha tests.

They want the players to break the game completely and expose all the bugs and vulnerabilities so they can fix them. That’s the most basic principle of software testing.

6 Likes

very much doubt that they wanted all difficulties and high end gear spoiled during alpha.

Yet, it was done, and such revealed a potential vulnerability of the game. Although it’s not something that will matter in the long run (after the game releases), but it shows that they suck at hiding/limiting access to content and therefore it’s an exploit that is now documented.

Plus, it’s a 20 year old game, those items are public knowledge at this point.

The game is not even released and there is cheating? Sigh.

:alien: :dolphin:

1 Like

Well if they broke some sort of legal agreement such as a Terms of Service then yes. Otherwise no. I don’t know what people who were given alpha access are actually bound by.

1 Like

by the ToS of blizzard’s battle net

your kidding me right? all that stuff was spoiled when d2 came out 20 years ago.

3 Likes

its not cheating. after people completed the play through as expected, they set about trying to find flaws with the game’s systems.

cheating means to ignore rules for personal benefit. this is a SINGLE PLAYER alpha client that was only running for three days. There is no personal gain to this, only feedback to blizzard regarding potential security flaws.

im guessing your favorite taste of crayon is “navy blue”

4 Likes

Not a bad guess. Yet, that’s not it. :kissing_heart:

:alien: :dolphin:

2 Likes

Lol. This is just “breaking” the game. This is an Alpha… I know you’re probably upset you didn’t get access to it, but they didn’t “cheat” they didn’t “hack” they just broke the game and found flaws in the system.

2 Likes

I have a feeling druid will be very popular, that bear look is amazing :bear:

2 Likes

if the skill balance is the same, then it will be a joke

1 Like

Yeah not end game if your right, more the newer crowd getting into the game, or younger for sure