Anyone tested Vyr + Chantodo + Double Hydra in S-20?

Anyone tested Vyr + Chantodo + Double Hydra in S-20?
Is there any value in that setup?

How did it work out?

Sorry I did not test and I waited for others to reply.

i am confused, what is the setup? do you have a d3 planner link?

i just cant fit vyr with hydra…

I think you’d want to drop Chantodo’s, run a reverse Archon Deathwish + Etched Sigil. No Obsidian Ring, just stack max CDR (68% without amulet) for CoE sync, like the dual element Vyr’s do.

You could run it without Deathwish and Etched Sigil, but that’s 10x less damage from your hydras. And if you’re going to run Deathwish and Etched Sigil, you actually want to spend a bit of time out of Archon, so no need for Obsidian ring. At that point, might as well run 68% CDR and CoE sync.

I set it up with RoRG in the cube and one of Magistrate/Swami worn, but in S20 you could just wear Vyr’s helm, drop RoRG from cube, and run both Magistrate and Swami in the cube. Although one of the benefits of running RoRG in the cube and Swami/Magistrate worn would be that you can pick up APoC on your worn Swami/Magistrate, which would alleviate some of the difficulty of getting a good source (more on that in a second). This might actually be the preferred setup for most people, simply because it simplifies the stat rolls on your source.

I don’t think it’s worth it to try and fit Tasker’s. There’s no easy way to get them in. In S20 you could wear RoRG, run 2 of Magistrate/Swami/Tasker’s in the cube and wear the third. But you’d have to drop one of CoE or Karini to fit RoRG, and that doesn’t seem worth it. I think you’re best off just running without Tasker’s.

https://www.d3planner.com/854445090

Also, the shoulder and source rolls for this build would be insanely difficult to get. At a minimum, you’d want hydra + CDR shoulders, but dream shoulders would also have area damage. Source needs APoC + CDR + hydra. Good luck haha. Probably easier to run with RoRG cubed, Magistrate/Swami worn with APoC, then you can settle for an int + hydra + CDR source. Will be massively easier to get.

1 Like

i just run lod hydra, i dont see how hydra would work in any sort of speed run build really…

Thank you TinneOnnMuin.