Anyone actually playing season 20?

I’m for sure not, the last season I played but that was because of the seasonal buff. This seasonal buff does nothing to help us and were actually going to loose about 30%-50% damage compared to last season because the pandamonium buff gave us 0.01% damage for every stack…

If only blizzard also threw in the added RORG seasonal buff we might have had a chance at something fun, and might have countered the dps loss from season 19.

Reasons NOT to play season 20

1. Demon hunters havnt been buffed for many patches
  2. Season 19’s buff will feel like a nurf going into season 20
  3. Season 20 benefits LON the most, where LON sucks for us the most
  4. DH can’t even cube “Furnace” because it requires a recoding to add the item to the DH class.
1 Like

I will play until I get the cosmetics/pet/portraits and then bail to NS. Seems like a plan for many in my clan as well.

Plus I’m guaranteed a shine new Primal with a GR70 - maybe this time it’ll a be a Balefire Caster!

2 Likes

Try tempest rush Monk or the spirit barrage WD for s20. Both are capable of very fast T16’s. The IK barb is the fastest start, and certainly very playable.

I’ve played many seasons of DH, but you don’t need to depress yourself further because s21 is several months off. We have lots of DH suggestions out there. I hope one of them is selected, and that more then one other set gets substantial alterations like the barb got with WW/rend.

I think I’m missing the guardian portrait frame from the rewards of that previous season, so I will play until I have that and the new pet. Then I’ll decide. I’ve been avoiding WOW because I’m unhappy with BFA, but I might go back just to keep my main up to date and ready for Shadowlands.

Depends on the pet. It looks like para farming will be much more efficient in non-season so that’s likely where I’ll spend most of my time.

I really enjoyed season 19, in which I played till paragon 2000 and managed to beat a GR150 for the first time with 3 friends. But given the disappointing season 20 theme, like many people I only plan to complete the season journey and then go play other games till season 21…

Ummmm LOD Rapid Fire DH will most likely benefit? You’ll play, they always say “I’m not playing if you don’t cater to me” but then they play anyway… Quit acting out like a child and accept the seasonal theme. Find a build to use with it, or maybe try something else BESIDES Demon Hunter?

I’m actually not even finding a diablo 3 account associated with your battletag either? So I don’t know what are you complaining about exactly?

1 Like

I d like to… but seasons are so repetitive that I just can’t.

Good advice. Seriously some of the new set builds or doing LoD versions are quite entertaining while waiting for Blizzard to pay attention to DH again. :wink:

2 Likes

Seasons are meant to be repetitive, with a slight variation between them. This game is in “maintenance mode” and is meant to hold us over until Diablo 4… For ANY new things to be added to an 8 year old game that’s basically the same every go around? Is lucky at best. That doesn’t happen with any other game that I can think of off the top of my head.

Seasons are also OPTIONAL you can play non-seasonal if you want to make the most powerful version of a character you can possibly create and be fine without having a seasonal theme. Though, while some seasons are quite attractive (some more than others) and have pretty cool buffs and things you can do? They are by no means required.

And you think non-seasonal is not repetitive? At least in seasons you always have new incentives to play: new themes, new sets, new rewards… Non-seasonal is just so boring.

I didn’t say they weren’t? I just gave him another option besides seasons. Honestly, I don’t get why people complain on the forums about “this game is boring to me” instead of just finding a new game to play until D4 comes out… It’s not hard, open steam and poke around… D3 generally gets boring when you play solo… I could play D3 all day if I had someone to play with regularly, but they generally just get too busy to play, so I end up playing solo and it gets boring, faster. BSing in discord while you grind things out is a lot more fun.

I was answering Azimuth’s post, not yours Mrbeastmode :slight_smile:

Ofc non-season is dull as hell, everyone knows that. But seasons are repetitive not because they are seasons, but, probably, because there’s nothing to do always, you lvl up too quickly (the best part) and find the gear in a day or two. After that it is just one and the same boring gameplay. You know how it will go, what will happen, nothing will surprise you.

I am thinking about playing DH for the casual leaderboard :slight_smile:

1 Like

Everyone except for those of us who enjoy NS play…

1 Like

Come on DH’s!

There has to be some broken combo with the S20 cube. LoD Proc Monster sounds fun. DH has the best in-class playstyle diversity, so there has to be something out there to shake the tree.

I’m thinking of trying LoD Impale with the GrevWounds (1.0 proc), Buriza (wield), KarPoint, Rimehart, HPS, Broken Promises with Minirae or something themed around procs.

If I can just can run T16 with it, it will be a season of success. I’ll probably put a total of 50 hours in over the entire season, but maybe less if it turns out nothing can be made to break…:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Have to get that new pet :slight_smile: I have a couple ideas for S6, we’ll see if any of them shake out.

1 Like

The only thing I plan to try is maybe using both Echoing Fury and Dawn in the cube as well as Yang’s + DML in cube for N6/M4.

1 Like