Anybody Else Expecting Necro Overload?

I suddenly was shocked at the thought of there being 8 different players in the same game. Imagine them all being Necromancers. Imagine each of those 8 with their max minion pool in front of them. At max level that’s a golem, 17 skeleton warriors ,16 skeleton mages, and 32 revives.

(I grabbed those numbers from another post, that was how many they had up at once though)

So yeah, all of that PLUS the follower or whatever they’re called.

I’m picturing people’s machine’s crying when that’s put to full effect. xD Fun, fun, fun. 67 individual characters running around and being directed by a single player - multiplied by 8. That’s a whopping 536 total individual units moving onscreen at once. Machines will cry. xD

I’m looking forward to having fun with my Necromancer. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think you forget that they will block each other at doorways, so without a teleport your going to have a horribly slow adventure :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

xD You’re right! hahahaha, wow. I’m still picturing this happening regardless of that fact. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hehe I mained a sorc but necro was always my first love, with engima you have control of them but without it gets tricky :stuck_out_tongue:

My favourite really was doing pindleskin and just walling the whole room, he didn’t have a chance.

1 Like

I heard rumors that having 4 full summon necros would cause the server to crash and that’s how people were abusing dupes after the server rolled back. Just an old rumor I think though.

1 Like

My first character will be a Necromancer, for sure. It’s the class that I always enjoyed playing from the ground up. There’s just something about chilling with an army of skeleton mages that appeals to me.

But once I’m done with Hell Act V, I’m probably going straight for Amazon, to get my gear back. Gear that I’ve lost time and again over the years. I want my Buriza, Eaglehorn, Windforce and Silence (Ist?) bows back.

2 Likes

In my opinion no drops counting in it, that the necro is probably the easiest character to faceroll content, sorc is the most utilitarian for getting around but necro on hardcore will get you far without help. Until hell and then enigma is required.

1 Like

we used to lag people like crazy with we got three necy’s in the game. Usually I would not summon and concentrate on curses/CE for the run so there wasn’t too many skelly’s…

I would guess there won’t be lag issues anymore.

1 Like

I remember something about improving the amount of sprites, but all my information is garbled between D2R and D4 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I take it you’re new to this?

They used to be called “Lagomancers” for a reason…

In early versions of the game they would straight up crash games because you could have up to like 25 skeletons or more…

In later patches, they reduced the amount of minions you could revive in every given category but increased their over all damage to compensate for the loss of numbers.

But yes, this is the original Necromancer experience, this isn’t some revelation…

Also if the servers / graphical upgrade is properly done, it shouldn’t even cause a stutter because most peoples machines are beasts nowadays…

There’s a good chance it’ll still run like garbage online with that many minions up at once… only time will tell.

Most people don’t do more than 2 Necros per game, it’s a really niche class and most people don’t use them on the regular for doing any kind of runs… mostly out of respect for other players.

Also 2 Necros in one game is enough to drive everyone insane because only 1 curse can be up at a time, so say you want to use Decrepify on a boss but someone else wants to use Lower Resistance or Amp Damage… well now you’re spamming back and forth trying to overwrite the other Necro’s curse…

Not to mention you can’t tell who has the higher level curse… So if your curse is on level 32 and the other guys is on level 20 you keep having to refresh yours, but there’s really no way of knowing… :slight_smile: Oh yes, FUN indeed. LOL

It actually get’s really obnoxious so most of the time when I see another Necro I bounce the f*** out.

1 Like

lol, no I’m certainly not new to this. I began playing Diablo back in 97 online. I didn’t really focus on Diablo II as my computer back in the day struggled to run it - but I eventually got heavy into it. My favorite class way back when was Paladin. I know that they’ll be plenty strong! I’m just concerned about the possible lagfest with the Necromancer players.

I hope that they’ve managed to make it possible. I’ll be testing machines by how many Necromancers at full they can handle. :stuck_out_tongue:

I always ended up as a bonemancer in the end with necros, just easier, with enigma is one of the most versatile killers out there, minus for things like ubers.

1 Like

That’s cool, yeah I was never in to the casting Necros… I was always a big fan of pet characters back in the day because for some reason, those old school games did that stuff correctly.

Huge hordes of minions doing all the work for me… loved that feeling. No other game has even come close to D2 in that category. I like the micro of it… call me weird. LOL

Well classes while super changeable had functions, a sorc to get things going and WP’s, barb for support or killing, pally for easy ubers and bosses like that, bonemancer was my nice can kill most things guy. You could use a spineripper with a few other items and zeal and cut down bosses, so many items you could mix up from various levels to make semi usable killers.

Games just merge all classes now.

1 Like

Ah, Enigma… makes me wonder how long it’ll take for items to find a buyable price on/in auction houses. Currently they run for up to $11 on the US West Hardcore server.

Diablo IIR’s going to be a lot of fun! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Man I miss my 35 skelly necy, I had a friend who got over 40…

I expect they should test out a full 8 summoner group in their stress testing. These days it shouldn’t be an issue.

2 Likes

Oh I’m sure that they will! Just going to be surprising and mighty cool to see it all happen without issues (if they pull it off). :slight_smile:

People are gonna be making some money that’s for sure…

I just read an article that said OG offline saves can be transferred to D2… this is bad news. LOL

We’re gonna have botters and dupers in days of this game going live… I mean it might be good for people like me with a full time job… I wouldn’t mind buying an Enigma for 15 bucks day 3 :wink: LOLOLOL

1 Like

I’d like to see the webpage that you read that on… because I’ve read the opposite in multiple places. I believe that your Diablo II main characters will not be transferable at all.

Ya you can load OG saves I’ve heard but it’s just to again play offline in the new version, no real bonus there for sellers. However I think bots that rely on maphack type guidance won’t work, bots will still run the static areas, but random areas they will take longer to get things done, as long as duping is gone the market will be fine.

1 Like