Any word on a leaderboard reset?

I’ve seen a couple of posts previously but couldn’t see them so thought I would start a new thread.
Just wondering why the leaderboards haven’t entered a new era?

Of course, the reason I specifically ask is personal, but not just that as it also would impact 1000’s of players for both the same and other reasons.

My reason being that my best clear as a WD, which was yesterday, sees me ranked just outside the top 100. Which is fine, no issues with that, except that it’s not relative to the current circumstance.
But looking at all the other clears above me, the next 30 or 40 ranks there is only 1 other clear with a date that came after the Spirit Barrage pet nerf.

Hence the question and also I’ve never seen an ERA last this long before

There was a blue post not that long ago saying not this time. I guess they’re overwhelmed with all the seasonal and balance changes. Plus the (mainly EU?) leaderboards have been a bit unstable; I have a hunch they’re trying to diagnose the bug with a lot of data that might be “lost” via a reset.

Edit: handy hint: use the Blizzard tracker to find blue posts. The post I mentioned is the fourth-to-last post.

1 Like

Because Blizzard said so…

…and, trust us, we already asked why.

1 Like

Yeah make no sense to let the players try to compete with builds you can not play since last patches anymore

and it feels like blizzard has forgotten or never realized, that specially the nonseason players have mostly a very long binding to the game