Any viable Raiment builds?

So, I jumped into the new season with a buddy, and rolled up a Monk since I wanted to try playing a bit support-ish. Maybe make some headway on that crazy ‘I came to heal’ achievement. I hadn’t really taken a look at what the free sets for each class would be, though, and after doing so, I’m feeling a bit… leery. The Raiment of 1000 Storms seems REALLY, REALLY BAD. High mobility and probably decent damage-output, sure, but it lacks ANY KIND of built-in damage-mitigation. I’m not sure how you’re supposed to survive any higher than maybe Torment I with that setup.

But, it’s gonna be what I’m stuck with until I can find pieces of a better set… any suggestions on how to turn it into a remotely viable build? Crystal Fist would seem to be mandatory, at the very least, to provide you with the damage-reduction that the Raiments themselves lack. Combined with Fleshrake, I suppose… though, how does the Jawbreaker’s unique affix combine with the Raiments’ bonus? Does it give you your first strike ‘for free’, still, when charging into battle with a Dashing Strike, or does it only kick in when and if you run out of Spirit? I suppose I could technically combine all three by using the Cube, but it might be better to branch out instead of focusing 100% on Dashing Strike…

Oh, and a somewhat adjacent question - I probably knew the answer to this once, but have since forgotten… is the level of Haedrig’s Gifts locked when you receive the bag, or when you open it? As in, if you wait to open any of the gifts 'till you’ve hit 70, does that give you the whole set at max level?

Since reaching level 70 is one of the parts in the season journey to receive a Haedrig’s Gift, you will be level 70 by the time that you get one. If you open it on a different character who is under 70, the items will still be level 70 since the items are always level 70 (obviously some items may roll with reduced level and could be equipped by a sub 70 character).

As far as Raiment goes, are you going with Dashing Strike or Generator as your primary damage dealer? Spirit Guards is useful since you need to punch to activate the DS bonus. Lefevbre’s Soliloquy is also useful since it never hurts to group up enemies before attacking. Epiphany Desert Shroud is also good for toughness, as is Captain Crimson set.

I did quite a bit of raiment from 5 seasons ago, and I’m my experience, it is very difficult to gear, given you have to work with what you have, I have to suggest that shenlongs is mandatory with flying dragon in cube, you will need loh on both weapons and on the bracer to survive at high levels, life should be at least 1mil, this is true if you choose a single, double or tri gen configuration, rings and Amy slots are more forgiving since you can use either EW set or FnR with hellfire Amy . The most annoying part of the build is the cc from enemies, if you get feared, you are dead! So for better gearing, you need to get those reduce cc stats from the helm, rings, and if you can from the Amy, so you won’t need to sacrifice a gem slot to use that immune cc , check out the gears I have on my build, I think that’s still the same set up I used before, hope this helps a bit, good luck slaying demons! I’m also gonna push with this on NS

Hmm, so basically, a Generator build? I was planning on focusing on the Dashing Strike component, but I can see where you’re coming from. It just seems like, considering how inherently squishy a Raiment-build is no matter what, maintaining constant mobility would be the safest path…

Yeah, the damage of DS is just not there, for now it’s there for evasion and mobility, much like teleport. It’s still a cool skill if you can make it work, possibly for t16 or low lvl GR runs for gem upgrade.

My man! You can check out my profile for a build if you’re interested in the way of the dashing strike. However, it tops out hard once you get to GR85-90 or so. It’s still somewhat viable as a solo T16 runner, but overall it lacks damage multipliers and is probably one of the hardest builds to gear for all classes confounded. The fun factor is however unmatched, in my humble opinion.

The only viable Raiment build for pushing or speed GRs is Shenlong generator. It’s not on par power-wise with other Monk sets and you’ll want something like 2k paragon at least to compensate for the lack of damage reduction, but it’s a fun playstyle on its own.

I see… well, honestly, I’m not planning to push all the way through to the endgame in Raiments, if I am to be honest. :stuck_out_tongue: Once I find enough pieces of one of the better sets to realistically cube my way to the rest, I’ll probably switch over - I just need Raiments to last me to a high enough Torment-level that I can GET those other drops in a timely fashion.

By the same token, I suppose the question of Generator versus DS focus will depend on what other drops I get - between Shenlong and the DS-boosting fists.

Fleshrake should be easy enough to acquire (definitely upgrade those rare 1-handers) and that should tide you over until shenlong’s drops.

I commiserate with Monks this season. Leveling with Raiment is rough as heck. As much as I like the set, it needs a boost.

I was trying to convince my wife to use Rabid Strike but she declined.

Honestly, I’ve always ignored the set (never actually completed collecting it) when I was a monk so my thoughts are just theory/fun.